Sunday, August 09, 2026

Sunday Snippets - Fabulous Francoise

Hi Playmates!

I have published RESULTS from the previous challenge, so please hop over to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND to admire the top picks and discover which lucky playmate won the prize. There's still nearly a week left to play in the current challenge if you haven't already done so.

For my homework this week, I've been playing with the Fabulous Francoise stamp and stencil set from the cover gifts of Creative Stamping magazine Issue 162. 

Using one of the ideas inside the magazine for the inking and stamping, I then added a little die cut bird snippet for my own spin on it. In fact everything added to the card front is a snippet!


Die cut snippet

Details:

  • Snippets of white card for the main panel and the die cut bird, as well as SU Misty Moonlight for the matting and layering.
  • Fabulous Francoise stamps and stencils - magazine cover gift. 
  • I used Distress Oxides in Iced Spruce; Salvaged Patina, and Faded Jeans, for the background inking. VFC Twilight ink was used for the stamping. The dots stencil was brushed with Black Soot Distress Ink.

13 comments:

  1. You were top of my reading list today, and I love the card you made with your magazine gift, and that bird is always a pleasure to see xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand job with the stencil and stamps and some lovely colours chosen. The bird is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the stencil and stamps, have yet to use mine, I love the coloured backgrounds too.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've used the kit so well, it looks beautiful. Addition of the bird is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at this mag - and didn't buy it.... guess who's sorry now!
    Lovely make Sarnie. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just super, love your colour choices and your die cut bird just finishes it off beautifully

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. See what Lesley said at the crack of dawn, just popped up for me, anyhows, here now and love the blend of colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous use of this stamp set, the colours are just fabulous and the die cut birdie is an inspired touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and the snippet bird is a striking touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, very effective, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarn
    Loving your card very, very much!
    Great colour choices and your little bird is the perfect finishing touch.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarn wow this is lovely truly is effective and the bird is adorable and finishes of your card so beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colours and the Francoise Read stamps featured in Creative Stamping recently are great and I have made one card with them and I do want to try the stencil which will achieve this pretty postage collage style card. I love the colours too, beautifully blended and the added die cut bird on a branch in white is a wonderful finishing touch Sarn. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.