Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Be Boulder!!!!!

Hi there!

I really enjoy drawing “stacks” but haven’t drawn any for quite a while. So I used an image by Julia Glockner on Pinterest for inspiration.

The choice of sentiment made me chuckle. Otherwise, I was thinking of adding “Be BOULDER” just to amuse myself (hence the title of this blog post) - but that would have meant writing the words on the card by hand, as a last step . . . and I didn't want to ruin it! We never think our own hand writing is good enough do we? That’s why we use stamps!

5" x 5" card

Details:

  • 5” square base card.
  • Pencil to sketch with. Sakura Pigma Micron pen 01 to go over the pencil sketch.
  • Various Distress Inks and a water brush to colour the drawing.
  • White Gelly Roll 08 pen for dotty highlights.
  • Uniko sentiment from Simply Said Blocks.

Here’s Julia’s original picture:

The inspiration

11 comments:

  1. You're not wrong about how we perceive our own handwriting but ... "be boulder" WOULD have been fun!! That said, your card is simply super

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card and I love your stack of rocks-brilliantly drawn and the sentiment is perfect-my handwriting is definitely not suitable for writing on cards!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful unique interpretation of the original. I like the way you grounded it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree totally with Lynn, clever you creating such a interesting design.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation Sarn, it's a brilliant CAS make, all the better for being hand drawn...and I agree with Kathyk about the sentiment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love stacks and I'm reminded that, much as I love them, I've not drawn any for ages. Perhaps a quiet occupation for a hot and sticky afternoon when crafting is proving to be a bit of a trial 🙄. Thanks for sharing your inspiration as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - forgot to say your heading is fab - CLEVER too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow.. this is so beautiful... Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design, Sarn. I love the sentiment.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your interpretation of the Pinterest image! Both sentiments are really funny, but I agree, I never think my handwriting is good enough xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.