Sunday, February 23, 2025

Sarn's Sunday Snippets

Hi Playmates!

It's been a fun week of partying in the Playground so far, with Brenda starting another Conga around the Playground last night! There's plenty of grog and party snacks in my satchel - all of which I'm willing to share! Carrie brought along her famous Chocolate Chip cookies. Miss Di's 'Snippets Special' cocktail seems to be going down a treat, as are Eve's lethal homemade cocktails. Talking of things that went down a treat, our Crafty Nomad, Gail, smuggled in a Terrific Tequila Trifle. DeeJay Dudley has kept us bopping to the music into the wee hours - I fear our homework will suffer as a result! 

Card measures 5" x 7"

Details:

  • First, I grabbed an A4 sheet of white card (300 gsm) and trimmed it to 10" x 7", scoring and folding it in half  to create a 5" x 7" card.
  • I confess that I had to cut into a brand new A4 sheet of SU Island Indigo card for the centre strip and the mounts.
  • I stamped the Penny Black fern onto white snippets and fussy cut each one by hand, then trimmed them down very slightly to measure 2.25" x 1", then mounted them on to 3 more white snippets measuring a quarter of inch larger all round. These were then attached to the Island Indigo mounts with foam pads and then adhered to the card front with the aid of a T-square ruler for alignment.
  • Finally, I stamped the wonderfully large Uniko 'Birthday' stamp (long retired) at the bottom in Island Indigo ink.
I'm delighted to get a masculine birthday card made and will be adding it as my second entry into the current ALLSORTS CHALLENGE 817 under the optional theme of 'Shades of Blue'. 

I have published RESULTS from the previous challenge, so please hop over to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND to admire the top picks and discover which lucky playmate won the prize. There's still nearly a week left to play in Di's current challenge if you haven't already done so.

17 comments:

  1. Seems like you and Di compared homework notes Sarn, 🤭 teehee. A masterful masculine masterpiece, those ferns look lovely. Is there any tttrifle left? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love a good Conga although these days prefer it earlier in the evening before I consume too many bubbles and things get a tad unbalanced, especially if I'm leading.

    A very elegant card with the three panels and just perfect for our Shades of Blue theme at Allsorts challenge, thank you so much for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent card suitable for a male although it could be happily received by anyone. Love the shades of blue which makes it perfect for a second entry in the current Allsorts challenge. Thanks for sharing with us. Certainly been some celebratory fun and games in the Playground😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Sarn in shades of blue … the ferns are absolutely fabulous. Glad the Playground celebration party is going so well ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Sarn, I love the fern and the blue, a Super masculine card, but could also be feminine too. Love it. I'm so happy to hear the celebrations went well. I hope you haven't got a hangover? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card in beautiful shades of blue.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sarn, lovely ferns and design. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts! Donna T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so beautiful with these gorgeous leaves! And it sounds like the party at the playground is in full swing! How fabulous 😊 Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sarn - how strange that we both went for a 'triple' on our cards! Greaat minds and all that. Ha, I typed 'TIPPLE' at first - must be all the celenbrations in the Playground! Love your card, another lovely blue creation for Brenda, the fern stamp is SO pretty and of course you always combine your blues so well. Well done - now, what shall I try next on the cocktail list. Can you rustle up a Negroni perhaps? Call it homework towards a gold star!
    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great masculine card, love the colour and fern leaves.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Conga yes always gets people up to dance, live your card great PB Fern and blue colour x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tequila Trifle! Oh my, I thought it was strong sherry no wonder I felt a bit iffy. But I do love a trifle. This is no trifle of a design, though. Beautifully thought out. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just glorious from your colour choice to the super image you used - great make

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Sarn, great CAS design. Thank you for sharing another beautiful creation in the Allsorts Challenge.
    Off to join in the partying in the Playground. Please save some of Miss Di’s ‘Snippets Special’ cocktail for me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You’ve created a truly beautiful masculine birthday card. The shades of blue and the fern stamps combine perfectly to create a stunning design. Adding the ‘Birthday’ stamp at the bottom adds a lovely finishing touch. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great masculine card Sarn, but could equally be a feminine one too I think. I love the different shades of blue and the ferns on the three panels across the card look terrific. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.