Monday, February 17, 2025

Allsorts - Shades of Blue - Challenge 817

Over at the Allsorts Challenge (#817) - Liz has set a 'Shades of Blue' theme (or you can enter under the 'Anything Goes' option). 

I like to rise to the challenge of the theme, so I have a card to share that is in shades of blue - which just happens to be my favourite colour - so it's a great theme for me to play along with.

I used a sparkly silver Signo pen to add interest around the petals - but it doesn't show up very well in the main picture, so I angled it to try and catch the light better in the photo below.

Attempting to show you the glittery shine of 
the Signo pen!

Details:

  • Light blue snippet of SU Designer Paper, dry embossed and stuck to the left hand side of the card.
  • Penny Black "Whispers" (3377K) stamped in SU Night of Navy ink. Coloured using a waterbrush and SU Pool Party and Night of Navy inks.
  • Signo silver glitter gel pen used to highlight the flowers (see second photo).
  • Heffy Doodle Stitched Rectangle die used to cut the focal image from a white snippet. The image was stuck to the card front with foam pads for a little dimension.

Happy Crafting!

19 comments:

  1. A lovely card and such a pretty floral panel.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice design with the A&C flowers and embossed side panel, many thanks for sharing a pretty blue card with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blue card Sarn using one of my favourite vintage PB images, and really lovely watercolouring and sparkle on the flower xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Sarn. The lovely image is beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Shades of Blue option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO very pretty as well as being such a lovely stamp

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply amazing, Sarn. Love your watercoloring so much! So great to see you joining us at Allsorts challenge, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the embossed strip and pretty flowers with the sparkle, beautiful card.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts.
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this PB stamp and you've coloured it beautifully! A fabulous card and thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had that PB stamp out for ages. This is such a pretty and delicate design. Ignore my last comment re Allsorts! Trying to do too many things at once... Thanks also for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, that's a really pretty card Sarn, brilliantly coloured too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the subtle colouring on this very pretty and delicate floral image. Thanks for rising to the challenge at Allsorts

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card!
    I like the embossed panel! I am thinking I have that folder!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card, beautifully watercoloured, and love the sparkle. I had to read twice that you used designer paper! Awesome 😃xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I KNEW you would be pleased to see the Allsorts theme of Blues - right up your street Sarn! I love that PB stamp so very much - always looks just right no matter how it's used, even with paper piecing.
    Hugs
    Di xxx And, a woof from 'Little Pigeon' - a new nickname fro Dudley.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card Sarn is so pretty l really like the stamp and the colour is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card and design, a lovely embossing folder to show off the pretty flower in blue and I love the silver addition on the flower too. So lovely Sarn. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sarn
    One of my favourite floral images and you have coloured it beautifully. Love the added Signo glitter pen too. A great finishing touch.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is absolutely stunning! The delicate floral design in shades of blue is both elegant and captivating. The embossing adds a wonderful texture, and the sparkle on the flowers gives it that extra special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ein blauer Blütentraum, wahnsinnig schön.

    LG
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.