Sunday, February 02, 2025

Sunday Snippets - Gift wrapping

Hi Playmates!

I'm hosting a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight. This is your opportunity to use up some snippets, then come over to the Playground to 'show and tell' via Mr Linky.

I use brown paper to wrap ALL my gifts, but I do like to decorate them, and this is what I did for a couple of recent birthday presents. A fun way to use up a few more white snippets don't you think?

Birthday gifts.

Snippets used to decorate gift wrapping.

Playground round-up:
The new challenge, starting today, is no. 499, which means that in a fortnight's time, Di will be hosting the 500TH CHALLENGE and, of course, we will be celebrating! There will be a mandatory CELEBRATION theme - so you'll need to get your thinking caps on to comply - hence this little 'heads-up'. Think along the lines of: new baby; big birthday; anniversary; engagement; wedding etc.

The treehouse microwave is still proving to be a worthwhile investment and we've been enjoying some lovely warming stews and soups, not to mention lashings of hot chocolate. My satchel has been bulging with chocolate croissants ready to heat up for everyone. 

16 comments:

  1. Very inspirational Sarn, simple yet so effective, the white really pops against the brown. Amazing it's almost the 500th challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It's very effective and looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME IDEA!!! I only use brown paper, and have only stamped to decorate, but I love your packages, they look so elegant, pretty, and unique! Save me a croissant please, I’m coming to play….xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea for gift wrapping - so attractive and of course more snippets used up. Who knew you could get chocolate croissants - yes please ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only chocolate croissants, but ALMOND ones too! xxx

      Delete
  5. Oooh, these are so lovely, Sarn, I've never stuck die cuts on to kraft paper but have often stamped gift wrapping. It's a great project AND uses snippets so win/win!

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wrapping decoration Sarn, it looks really stylish and striking. Totally transforms the plain brown paper. Wow 500th challenge coming up, so kind of you to send out the party invites ahead of time xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea Sarn using your floral Dies on this wrapping paper you have done an amazing project which really transforms the wrapping papers stunning as always x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great use of snippets Sarn. I always use brown paper to wrap gifts too, but have never thought to decorate the parcels with die cuts.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great idea and the die-cuts stand out against the brown wrapping paper.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever and beautiful idea Sarn. I usually use brown paper stamped, but this is more impressive and very beautiful too. Have a lovely week. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a fantastic idea! Love it!!! From now on I'll copy you :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sarn! What a clever way to wrap gifts. It would work for any occasion really - and certainly for Christmas?! One to remember for sure! Belated Happy Snippets Sunday!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a simple and beautiful way to enhance your gift wrapping. I love it and will try to remember it. I really should be adding some of my cards to the snippets challenge, but I am afraid that I struggle with joining challenges these days. It can be quite overwhelming so I end up just concentrating on my DT cards. One day I will get my act together! Thanks for your visit yesterday xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sometimes use brown paper but never thought to put die cuts on it. I usually stamp. This is so effective and makes a lovely parcel. Hopefully you've got some almond croissants? my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your gift wrapping idea is wonderful. The use of brown paper with white die cuts creates such a striking and elegant look. It's a fantastic way to use up snippets and make the wrapping paper look special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.