Sunday, September 01, 2024

What's in Sarn's Satchel this week?

Hi Playmates!

After all the cake and bubbly over the last fortnight, I've put the big skipping rope into my satchel, so we can all get together and have fun taking turns to turn the rope and jump in and out of it while singing rhymes to work off some of those calories!

For my homework I have created a leafy thank you card, using up some snippets that were originally white, but were subsequently inked up, with a little stamping added here and there, plus some splattering with Winsor & Newton gold drawing ink.

4.75" square card

Attempting to show you the gold splatters!

My die cut leaves for a number of cards
(originally white snippets of card).

And while I was at it - I made another leafy card with a couple more of the snippety leaves.

Washi tape at the side; leafy snippets and words from a PaperArtsy set.

There's a new challenge to play along with over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND hosted by Miss Di for the next fortnight. If you find yourself at a loose end, why not make something with your snippets then come over to play? There will be the usual shenanigans going on in the treehouse and behind the bike shed, plus . . . there's the aforementioned skipping to be done! 

9 comments:

  1. Still awake here. I KNOW this card and it's truly gorgeous. Why don't our cameras pick up the beautiful shines? Loving the splatters - Dudley runs to hide when I get that pot of gold paint and a brush out - yup, still not perfected it! And I DO love your washi tape on the final card. Isn't that a wonderful phrase from Oscar Wilde - just perfect! I think I need to use that for a young teenagers Birthday in a month or two. I have a stamp .... and also some rather similar if I can't find Oscar's one!

    Off to bed here for sure!! The dawn chorus will begin soon otherwise!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    Hugs

    Di xcx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for the skipping! Fab cards, do like the leaves, and splatters of gold….do I need that paint 🤔🧐……you did manage to capture it in our photo, and the washi is fab too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love 'leafy' cards and these tick all the right boxes Sarn, I rather think I've failed to say thank you for some purple ones, I'm lagging behind with so much.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great selection of leafy cards and I do love that quote from OW. The gold splatters really add that certain something. Enjoy the skipping and have a good weekend 😉 - although I suppose it's a 'weekstart' now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sarn l always like leaves and autumn loving the gold love the touch of washi tape gives it a lovely finish x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those leaves are just lovely and both cards look simply amazing! I love all those golden spatters too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both gorgeous cards, love the washi tape and beautiful Autumn leaves.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous leafy snippets Sarn … I adore that set of leaf diecuts and really must have a play with my iwnn(unbranded) set. Really love the colours of the inked leaves and the brilliant go,d spattering … hadn’t thought of trying spattering with paint rather than Posca pens, I’m sure it’s easier to control!!?
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely leafy cards. I especially like the gold paint splatters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.