Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday Snippets - Pretty in Pink!

Hi Playmates!

I'm hosting a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight. So take a look at your pile of snippets (I KNOW you have some), make something with them, then come and play!

In my satchel this week, I have cake, chocolate and bubbly to celebrate someone special's birthday. You'll find me, Di and Dudley, plus the usual suspects, getting up to mischief in the treehouse  - come and join in the fun!

Here's my homework: I had lots of fun creating this floral card from my pile of white snippets.

Materials:

  • Everything apart from the card base was originally a white snippet.
  • Distress Oxide Inks in Walnut Stain and Kitsch Flamingo were used to colour all the white die cut snippets as well as the panels they are attached to.
  • Sizzix Modern Floristry die set by Tim Holtz used for all the flowers and foliage.
  • Simply Said sentiment stamp by Uniko, cut out with scissors and stuck on either with foam pads or tiny snippets glued to it to build it up (I can't remember which!).
  • Script background stamp (possibly by IndigoBlu) - stamped to the right of the panel after it was lightly brushed with Walnut Stain DOX ink.

Enjoy the week ahead. Wishing you plenty of time to craft.

16 comments:

  1. Certainly is pretty in pink Sarn and you really have utilised lots of snippets there. Might have a dig to see what I can come up with today.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty awesome card Sarn, lovely colour combo and design, just shows what you can do with just white snippets, you are such an inspiration! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on turning so many white snippets in to such a fabulous card

    Happy Snippet day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made great use of your white snippets to produce this super quirky bouquet of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card Sarn is so pretty lovley use of snippets and gorgeous die flowers with a great background x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous snippet card love the pretty pink floral spray.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful and great inspiration as I recently picked up this TH set in the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These Sizzix flowers and leaves are very pretty Sarn, and that Kitch Flamingo is a lovely shade of pink which looks perfect with the Walnut Stain for the foliage, and love that bit of script in the corner also with some blended brown ink over it which draws the eye to the beautiful flowers, and the pink inked mat complements it perfectly...a brilliant snippets make. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of white scraps to make this fabulous floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snippets card is genius with using white elements and coloring them so well. I missed Miss Di's birthday by a few days too darn it, but enjoy the chocklit cake and bubbly to help her celebrate! Wish I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Sarn - it's hard to believe it's all white snippets!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colour scheme Sarn and brilliant die cut layout .. I love it!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card this is Sarn! Absolutely perfect for the delighted recipient I might say! PINK rules!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssst, I very carefully peeped and am sure you used card to raise up the sentiment! :) x

      Delete
  14. Eine wundervolle Karte, liebe Sarn. Superschönes Layout und herrliche Farben.

    Spätsommerliche Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I like your beautiful flowers.
    Crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.