Sunday, September 08, 2024

Sunday Snippets - Eclipse Technique

Hi Playmates!

My satchel is practically bursting at the seams with homework, but there's still plenty of room for a few bottles of hooch, bars of chocolate and packets of crisps ready for After School Club.

I was busy admiring Lesley and Val's cards made using the Eclipse Technique, so, after refreshing my memory by watching Chrissie Stokes's video - I had a go myself. Thanks for the inspiration girls!

5.75 x 5.75" square card

White snippets die cut for the layers.

Details:

  • Julie Hickey "birthday" die to create the Eclipse technique (see THIS YT VIDEO) - die cut from the image panel once, and from white snippets x3.
  • AALL & Create flower stem from stamp set #985 Flower Smudge, stamped in SU Misty Moonlight ink.
  • Heffy Doodle stitched square dies (retired) to die cut the panel and mount.

I went on to make a wedding card (here) after I tried out the technique on the birthday card above, but the wedding card got blogged first! 

I have published RESULTS from the previous challenge, so please hop over to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND to admire the top picks and discover which lucky playmate won the prize.

Have a lovely week. 

HAPPY CRAFTING.

17 comments:

  1. Very nice eclipse birthday card!
    Really pops with that bit of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is an awesome eclipse card, love the stamped design, and colour, and I now need stitched square dies, I nearly cried when I saw “retired”, 😂 oh well, some one must make some. I’ve got small ones but card front size would be fab. Of course I had to go look at the wedding card, (couldn’t remember it 🙄) which is also awesome! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ages since I made one but you've tempted me, works so well with the contrast of colours here.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful eclipse card, Sarn. I love the stamp you’ve used.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply super make

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular! You've given this technique the Sarn touch 😉😉. Glad you managed to pop some treats into your satchel too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sarn, brilliant use of the eclipse technique. I e never tried it but will have to look into it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous Sarn l love this technique you have used something that l must try in the future love it and the touch of colour is just the right amount well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love this effect, as soon as my craft room is set up again, I will have so much to try out, your blog and all your tips and advice will keep my engrossed for months xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great effect and something I haven't done for ages. It looks wonderful. I did wonder why you had to refresh your memory! Thanks for explaining lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, ha - that refreshing your memory threw me as well as Lynn! It's a super technique and your card is fabulous!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and stamp-love the eclipse technique.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is absolutely stunning and has a real artsy look and feel to it. I need to check out that technique myself now too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creation Sarn I love the technique you have used it looks so professional great card
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi just popping back to thank you for the lovely comments you left on blog about Helens artwork-Helen said thank you so much too she really appreciates them all-I pass all the messages on as she isn't on FB or any media, that is why I share for her because all the comments do encourage her-thank you again.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.