Hi Playmates!
For the next fortnight, you'll find me up in the Treehouse, hosting the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND CHALLENGE #475. Why not use up some of your snippets and come over to play?
In my satchel this week, I have yet another flower card to show you.
- This time, I made a "smooshed" background by spritzing some left over Distress Oxide ink with water and mopping it up with a small piece of acetate, then dabbing the acetate onto a white card snippet (sounds more complicated than it is!)
- Once it was dry I stamped the Uniko gerberas onto the smooshed card, surrounding them with Aall & Create words in 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation stamping.
- Had to cut into a whole piece of navy card to mount the inky panel, but that just means I've got a large navy blue snippet to play with another day!
- Once mounted, the panel measured 3¾" x 6¼", so I custom made a card blank to fit it, as well as an envelope.

Another stunner Sarn, the colour scheme is fabulous and the Gerbera really pop!
ReplyDeletePauline xx
Nice!
ReplyDeleteLove the daisys!
Love this card Sarn, gorgeous colours, and you’re the queen of envelopes, so I expect that’s beautiful too. I’m coming up the treehouse for a cuppa and bacon sarnie! Xxx
ReplyDeleteGosh is it really a new challenge already - time flies. Love seeing what pops out of your satchel each time and this card is no exception. We do have to cut into whole sheets of card now and then but as you say, it leaves us with more handy snippets - what would we do without them 😊. Brilliant effect on this super floral card.
ReplyDeleteThis smooshed background made a lovely card to showcase those big gerbera flowers! I just love the colors too.
ReplyDeleteSarn your card is so beautiful love the background and the flowers are gorgeous x
ReplyDeleteMeravigliosa card Sarn, adoro moltissimo lo splendido background che hai fatto per le Gerbere di Uniko e le parole timbrate con diverse gradazioni di inchiostro sono davvero d'effetto! Una splendida palette in viola e blu!
ReplyDeleteAbbracci, Buona Domenica!!
Absolutely gorgeous card Sarn! I've seen Brenda making backgrounds using acetate to transfer inks - great result! Love the gerbera of course and the lovely words - gold star for you!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Beautiful cards and gerberas,love the smooshed background and colour.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Gorgeous and inspired idea to stamp the gerberas in navy.
ReplyDeleteOh wow this is beautiful Sarn those flowers are awesome so is the colour I love it
ReplyDeletehugs
lolo x
One word......... GORGEOUS!!!!! xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi Sarn
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous .. .. love the background you have created very much.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Really gorgeous Sarn, the colours lovely, looks maybe you stamped with Twilight.
ReplyDeleteB x
I did stamp with VFC Twilight - you’re right!!!
DeleteAnother floral beauty from you Sarn! Love the colour scheme and the fab background. Whenever I read your posts I realise what a lazy crafter I am... make an envelope? When I could be stamping?! LOL! Your envelopes are always absolutely beautiful - works of art in themselves, so I'm glad you are an industrious crafter! See you up in the treehouse for a sossudge samwidge - better leave the golden girls at home or they'll be demanding bits of sossudge! Hugs, Vicky xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning matey, sorry to be so late stopping by (but I hope you will understand). Your make is fab and I love the shade of your smooshed background. Great colour choices and a fabulous card resulting from it too
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday to you and your readers
Kathyk
This is gorgeous Sarn, love the background the gerberas and the beautiful words. Be careful in up in the Treehouse, there may be gals trying to influence you into bad behaviour, ahem! x,
ReplyDelete