Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Songbird for Allsorts!

Here's a card I made for the current ALLSORTS CHALLENGE (Week 772) where Ellie has chosen the theme of Feathers and/or Fur (or there is always the anything goes option).

 4.5" x 5.5" Custom made card to fit the
main panel and matting.

As you can see . . . I went for the feathers theme and chose two new stamps to play with. The grungy flower is part of a set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous "Botanic Collage CMS447". 

The Song Bird words and the bird image were heat embossed (see photo below) and are both from the PaperArtsy Hot Pick stamp set HP1005 which I bought from my local craft shop after admiring the set for YEARS! I grounded the bird with a very useful little stamp from an IndigoBlu set, but I forget which set!

I am NOT affiliated to the the links given - I just wanted to show you all the stamps in these two lovely sets.

Attempting to show you the
glossy heat embossing!

Thank you for visiting. I wish you a wonderful day.

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Sarn. Great design and the neutral colours are just perfect. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Feather/Fur option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really brought those stamps to life with this fabulous graphic card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Sarn, a bit of heat embossing always lifts an image and the Birdie is perfect for our Allsorts theme this week. Rather like the colour of the background stamping, not brown, not grey, what I wonder?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both designs look fantastic with the embossed birds and stamped floral images. You did some perfect grounding too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Sarn. I love it!
    Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge, it's so perfect for my optional theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gorgeous song bird is set of beautifully by the softer stamping of the collage flower - love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card,love the beautiful embossed bird and grungy flower.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card Sarn, you certainly used both stamps so beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Semplicemente meravigliosa!!! Un mix perfetto degli splendidi timbri e i colori sono stupendi!! E l'embossing aggiunge ancora più interesse!
    Ho seguito i link e sono davvero due set bellissimi, hai fatto molto bene a regalarteli! :D
    Abbracci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice!
    Love the glossy bird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sarn this is stunning … absolutely love the combination of stamps you have used. I have seen that Tim Holtz floral myself and admired it in the past, it looks brilliant with the bird.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look like lovely sets, love how you combined them, using a perfect pairing of neutral colours, and the embossed shine is brilliant! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW eine wundervolle Karte, liebe Sarn. Die Kombination der Stempel schaut gigantisch schön aus, gefällt mir sehr.

    Herzliche Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Sarn this is absolutely gorgeous I love that bird image and the large lettering I also love the background a truly wonderful card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Sarn!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning!!
    Lovely colors, and the glossy heat embossing on the bird is brilliant!!! This card got WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this Sarn! Bet you're glad you gave in and bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delightful make and a fab muted palette which accentuates the images chosen

    Happy Friday, sorry to be late ... again!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally stunning card Sarn! The sheen on that beautiful bird is fabulous. Love how you also tied in the 'frames' to the stamped image colours. It's a delight to just sit here and gaze at the end result.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card in these elegant neutrals Sarn! Love the bird and the soft background you set it off against. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great stamping and a lovely card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning card Sarn the stamp sets are gorgeous and the background flower stamp beautifully fits well with the bird stamp again your so talented l just love it x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty Sarn and I love the glossy heat embossed bird over the brown flower collage which goes brilliantly, and the grounding of the bird with the Indigoblu stamp looks perfect. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.