Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Have a gelli good Christmas!

I have some Christmas cards to share with you today. Well, it is that time of year, after all!

I took a dark blue gelli print and cut it into 3.5" squares. The prints were liberally splattered with a white Posca pen and left to dry. Next, I stamped some Christmas images by Sara Naumann (PaperArtsy) over the top using VersaMark ink, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set them. Once I had flattened the paper back out again, I mounted each piece onto navy blue card and then on to a card front. I used up 2 snowflake snippets on a couple of the cards. 

All 4 cards are made from one gelli print.
Cards measure 4.75" x 4.75"

A closer look!

Splattered, heat embossed and a snowflake snippet added.

And there we have it, a grungy, splattered set of Christmas cards all ready for next year!

19 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! Love the gelli print, and the white embossed details and splatters, awesome job! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS going to say GORGEOUS too but LesleyG beat me to it so I'll say ... what a SPECTACULAR collection, your choice of colours and images are perfect!

    Happy Wednesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful - great use of a Gelli print. Very impactful (is that even a word??) You're well ahead for next year 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out so pretty with all the white on those gelli prints! Way to go starting on next year's stash already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning cards -fabulous backgrounds and great embossed images-really love these!!! x
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these look amazing Sarn sounds like great techniques I think I am somewhat behind on all these new craft things but I do love to hear about them and see them superb work
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow--love these! Blue & white is beautiful for Christmas cards, especially with the deep blue & white embossing! Need to case you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bellissime cards effetto grunge, Sarn! Molto maschili, a mio avviso. Gli schizzi di bianco e l'embossing sono perfetti sul blu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! I would never have thought to make these gelli prints using blue but they turned out so well for your white embossing. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW your gelli prints cards are so beautiful ...

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow SRn these are absolutely amazing … so funky and original, I absolutely love them !! ❤️
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous collection of cards Sarn.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These truly are totally stunning Sarn. So dramatic and also leaping ahead for NEXT Christmas! FAB!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Sarn, these are so striking in dark blue, navy and white! Great to make a start on next year too :)

    Thanks for your comment about my bug die... after wracking my small and confused brains for a while I realised that it was in fact a big die! Thanks for the chuckle today. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarn you have created 4 stunning Christmas cards so beautifully done your amazing and so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely amazing! Loving each one of these and beautiful prints to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ATC ticket and card are beautiful, I love the colour mix, the colourful leaf with the squares is so creative and stunning. Your tags, just perfect to add to your Christmas presents and make them special. As for the grungy splattered cards, how incredible are they? So much lovely detail. I've missed so many amazing creations, sorry I’ve not visited in a while, life has been very hectic, I hope to visit more often now?
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful patterns and colours! Love them. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really beautiful Sarn .. .. love them very much!

    All the embossing looks brilliant on the navy background.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.