Hi Friends
I so enjoy getting out my gelli plate and making prints that I have quite a lot of them to hand from recent sessions. Then I go and use a little bit of one and end up with even more snippets in my collection!!!
For the above card, I die cut a leafy branch from a dark blue gelli print then stamped the bird onto a snippet of an orangey print. I added a bit of colour to the bird's beak, wing and crown then cut him out with scissors.
The card blank is a white “scrapling” left over from cutting my own card blanks from A4 card. I decided to use it in the landscape orientation for a change. The branch was glued directly to the card. The bird was added on top with a foam pad for a little dimension. I custom-made an envelope to fit the odd-sized card.
DETAILS:
- The bird comes from an Aall & Create stamp set called "Strange Birds" and is still only £4.80 HERE (no affiliation).
- The lovely leafy sprig was snipped out of a die-cut circle ("Circle of Leaves" by Simon Says Stamp) - recently gifted to me by a lovely friend.
- The nice bold sentiment is part of the PaperArtsy ESN37 set by Sara Naumann.

That is such an adorable Scrapling make
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday to you and your readers
Kathyk
That quirky bird would certainly make anyone feel happy and you're right, using snippets does seem to leave us with even more snippets and so ... ad infinitum 😉. The scrapling format is fun too even if it does entail making an envelope to fit.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an amusing and fun card with that delightful bird perched on that branch! I love his blue beak :)
ReplyDeleteA fabulous scrapling card Sarn - I love the quirky bird.
ReplyDeleteKath x
Gorgeous card Sarn, both cute and quirky, I love it!
ReplyDeletePauline xx
Sarn your card is adorable l love that bird xx
ReplyDeleteThis is SO adorable Sarn! Love the colours and how cute is that bird! Clever use of the leaves die as well. Thinking outside the box there!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Great card and love the colourful quirky strange bird.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
How adorable is this! Love the colours, they are fab Dies, put together for an awesome scrapling! Xxx
ReplyDeleteVery sweet Sarn and so nice to see you enjoying A&C stamps (can become a biut of an addiction).
ReplyDeleteB x
I have a big MOUNTAIN of new snippets on my table just now and no time to transform them to handy shapes with dies or punches! Sigh. Hope to find time after Christmas. :/
ReplyDeleteOoops dimenticavo che qui posso scrivere in italiano! :D Adoro quel divertente pappagallo e come hai aggiunto colore. Come sempre hai fatto uno splendido uso dei tuoi gelli-snippets! Le foglie blu e bianche sono molto eleganti!
Super card Sarn, I love your quirky bird. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun bird and beautiful card!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes you need those Aall and Create Penguin sets :) Brenda had convinced me that I needed them with a card she shared last year. They are so fun and such a great price now too!!
PS: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteA super fun card using this quirky bird stamp, love him.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas.
Lorraine
Oh what a darling card, Sarn!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great and fun bird, love the branch and the lovely sentiment.
ReplyDeleteFaith x