Hi Playmates!
In my satchel I have a White on White (WoW) Christmas card for my Snippets Playground homework. I'm hoping for extra Brownie points for using the Stampin' Up! "Softly Falling" embossing folder that Miss Di is giving away as part of her challenge prize. Hoping for an A+ for setting a good example!
So . . . I'm skipping over to the Snippets Playground to hand this in. Why not use up some of your snippets and join in too? We're a friendly bunch and there's usually someone around to lead you astray (ahem, mainly ME!).
The Playground Christmas tree is due to be decorated shortly. Dudley, Di and I have been busy stringing up fairy lights all over the place and the Treehouse is twinkling inside and out. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! A Grand Switch On is planned for 1st December - be there or be square!!!!
![]() |
| My snippets homework. |
![]() |
| Snippets picked out to use + embossing folder with the snippet I embossed just before taking the photo! |
![]() |
| Remember to emboss the envelope flap for that extra little touch while the EF is out on your desk! |
I learnt TWO lessons while making this card! The first was that if you intend to die cut something that's dry embossed - do it BEFORE you do the dry embossing! Why? Well, if you do it AFTER embossing, the embossing will be flattened when you do the die cutting! Then you end up spending 10 flipping minutes trying to get the blasted flattened dots to line back up with those inside the embossing folder so you can put it BACK through your machine again to plump it all up!
The second lesson is that if you're trying to save money on your heating bill and are wearing fingerless gloves to keep warm while you craft . . . take them off before using adhesive!
Why? Well TINY little bits of wool miraculously shed and start sticking to foam pads and the like! You then have to spend time pulling them off, because NOBODY wants a woolly, hairy card do they?!
So there you have it: die cut first, dry emboss afterwards and take off your woolly gloves before using adhesive (or turn the heating on so you don't need gloves in the first place! LOL!).
Happy days!




Love your white on white homework Sarn! So many tips, including the envelope flap, why have I never thought of that?! Looking forward to the switching on of the lights, it’ll look sooooo pretty xxx
ReplyDeleteGoing to get Eddy to read this post, he's been telling me for weeks I should wear fingerless gloves and I constantly resist, hard enough getting fingers to do what I want normally let alone sticking to everything, I rest my case.
ReplyDeleteBack to your card, stunning, W on W is so hard to pull off.
B x
Such very elegant snippet card Sarn, and just LOVE the embossed flap of the envelope!! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteThank for the advices. The first one I have already experienced first-hand times ago, and the second one made me smile, SO true!!! We are not too cold yet here, so for now no gloves, but I will keep this in mind! I already have to fight with the hair of my cats! :D LOL
Hugs and happy Sunday! Waiting to admire the Playground Christmas tree!! :)
Sorry to hear of your hairy woolly card experience! Your white on white make is an absolute triumph though
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday
Kahtyk
Stunning WOW card Sarn … so classy and elegant. It’s definitely starting to look a lot like Christmas in the tree house … I hope the mince pies are warming along with the mulled wine 🥰 I have already submitted my homework for this fortnight but can’t comment on the Snippets blog from my iPad so I’ll be sure to later when I get on my PC 😀
ReplyDeleteXx
Love the card. I’m a big fan of white on white - except when I try it- never seems to look quite right! Had a chuckle over the fingerless gloves! 😂😂😂 xx
ReplyDeleteA fabulous White on White card, Sarn. That really is a great embossing folder. Thanks for the crafting tip about the fingerless gloves.
ReplyDeleteShame on you for using Dudley as your accomplice under the cover of darkness! Yes, we all know how the Christmas tree mysteriously appeared in the Playground. 🤣 xx
Beautiful white on white card sarn..love it. x
ReplyDeleteSarn your card is gorgeous l do like to see WOW lovely tip there too regarding the fingerless gloves and glue, l will meet you for the turn on of the lights l cannot wait enjoy your day xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, Sarn. White-on-white always looks elegant.
ReplyDeleteFunnily enough, I wrote about the die-cut before emboss discovery in the post I meant to link up to the last Snippets challenge,. (I made a comment on the thread but forgot to link my card. Too easily distracted, I guess.)
What a fabulous WOW card Sarn - deffo. an A+ and an additional + fpr the trials and tribulations you went through to make it. I think we've all been caught out by the 'make sure you emboss after die cutting' blip. And even now I have to stop and think about it! Great idea wearing the finger less gloves - and a matching hat with a fetching pompom on perhaps? Back to the card - it's one of the loveliest WOW cards I've ever seen - so elegant. Great idea to showcase the Softly Falling EF as well!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xxx
Psst - I forgot to say - what a great idea to emboss the envelope flap! xx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love your white on white card & envelope, Sarn! I could use some hot chocolate--if only the playground was closer!
ReplyDeleteOH! Your card is so beautiful and elegant, with the embossed envelope so very lovely too.
ReplyDeleteLove your humour Sarn.
Keep warm without glue!
Faith x
Gorgeous white on white work. Not only brownie points for using the folder but for doing the envelope flap with it too!
ReplyDeleteI love embossed cards and this one is lovely. I had to laugh about your shedding fingerless gloves - though not so laughable for you after your hard work!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful white on white and the words in your post made me smile - been there, done that on both counts 🤣. I have that embossing folder and use it lots
ReplyDeleteI too think your white on white card is fabulous. TFS, and yes, I'd love some hot chocolate, maybe with some schnapps in it? :-)
ReplyDeleteA wonderful WoW card Sarn and I love the matching envie too. Thank you for the top tips - some of us really need the reminders!! Hugs, Vicky xxx
ReplyDelete