Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sunday Snippets! Shiny new challenge!

Hi there Playmates!

It's Sunday morning and time for a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with yours truly hosting Challenge 441 for the next fortnight.

For my homework, I found a nice grungy square snippet of a gelli print which I mounted onto a contrasting colour. Then I added the sentiment and the die-cuts. The sentiment was punched out using very old SU punches.

The details:

  • 5" square card base.
  • 3" square gelli print snippet, mounted onto 3.25" square orange snippet.
  • White die-cut flourish plus extra leaves cut from white snippets.
  • Sentiment stamped then punched from orange and white snippets.

You can order a cocktail at the Playground Treehouse bar and there's often hot, buttered crumpets in the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club - or feel free to skulk about behind the bike sheds with the usual suspects trying to avoid detention! Either way, we'll all be up to no good!

18 comments:

  1. You can't beat a bit of grunge Sarn and lovely contrasts against the white.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love hot buttered crumpets for breakfast. You've made great use of an assortment of snippets for this super card. I still have those chunky black punches, great for using snippets to form sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  3. A splendid make and I LOVE your grungy panel - MUST get my gel plates out again

    Happy Sunday to you and your readers ... I'm off to see if there are any crumpets left!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sarn fabulous background too enjoy your day and crumpets my fav xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have come here first now I know there was hot crumpets!
    Your square of deep colours looks great with all the white space and white die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Sarn.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gelli plate background works beautifully with the white leaf swirl Sarn and a great use of snippets too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarn, I will taste the buttered crumpets, here in Italy they aren't usual for breakfast. :)
    Such amazing card, that piece of gelli print is really fabulous and matches so well with your diecut flourish, the sweet sentiment and the orange!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely work Sarn - take an extra sticky bun at break time! Hugs. Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful grunge Sarn! Crumpets and cocktails??? Well why not?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning card Sarn, I love the Gelle plate background. it goes so well with the colours you picked to go with it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gelliprint and such a beautiful die cut with it. Such a fab combination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That background looks great behind your white die cuts, which compliment but don't obliterate it. Great snippet use xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card and background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sarn this is another corker - superb gel plate background in such vibrant colours look so perfect with the white diecut ... I think I have a similar die somewhere and this has inspired me!!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Sarn! Love that grungy look background and love how you’ve picked up that touch of mustard with the snippets of card you’ve used as mount! Hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the contrast of the yellow trim against the dark blue gelli print Sarn and that lovely curvy leaf die. Skulking is not my forté but a cocktail sounds nice ;) Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous CAS card and grungy square-love the sound of the buttered crumpets lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.