Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Mixed Media Art

Hi Friends

I recently attended a Mixed Media Workshop (Floss Workshop Art) and had loads of fun. Here's one of the things I made.

The final result

There are 5 more pictures of the process to see - so feel free to skip to the end if you don't want to see each stage!

Step 1: Tear up old pages, sheet music, ephemera, then
 glue on with Mod Podge.

Step 2: Add Gesso around the edges of the strips 
and randomly around the piece.

Step 3: Spray on some colour, then wipe some of it off
so that you don't lose all the detail.

Step 4:  Add acrylic paint through some stencils.
Step 5: Glue on some punched-out leaves then
add black gesso around them. Add highlights with a white gel pen.

Step 6: Finally, I added a little stamping to the top,
then mounted my art onto a larger piece of black card.

The 2½ hour class went by in a flash. As well as making the above, I also made a bookmark and learnt how to make an ugly page in my art journal a lot more pleasing to the eye! RE-sult!

12 comments:

  1. I want to get the scrap papers and glue out now Sarn, I absolutely love what you have created with all the textures and elements.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous result from this workshop. Had to study all the details, no skipping to the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sarn what a card your work paid off going to the workshop it’s beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic mixed media piece Sarn, just wish I had the time to play.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the detail and texture on this .. fantastic end result and really artistic xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Sarn. Sounds like messy crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, and love all the steps! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting technique with torn papers Sarn, thanks for sharing the step by step of your lovely card! It's a great way to use scraps of bit&bobs and you know that this is just my fav cup of tea! I love also so much the effect before the painting. So many possibilities! :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO inspiring Sarn! Think I might have to do a little gesso study...! Hygge, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the process of someone's creation, it gives an incite into the thought processes and everyone creates differently - the workshop must have been a great experience - a fabulous piece.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the finished result and thanks for sharing the progress too

    Happy Sunday to you and your readers, sorry to be so late visiting

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. All those layers must have been fun adding to the finished product! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.