Hello Snippets Playmates!
Oh, you're in for a treat at Miss Di's Pixies' Snippets Playground as she's running a FOUR WEEK challenge and adding lots of prize posts for you to play for throughout those weeks. Be warned though . . . your snippets project must be on a CHRISTMAS AND/OR NEW YEAR THEME
To put your name into the hat for a prize you must enter a project via Mr Linky on the Challenge #418 blog post. You can say "Yes Please" to as many prizes as you like during the 4 weeks - more details on Di's blog HERE.
I've made the Christmas money wallet pictured below. It's a great way to use up some of your larger snippets at this time of year!
![]() |
| The whole wallet is made from snippets! |
To make the wallet:
I used a larger snippet of SU Certainly Celery cardstock measuring 7" x 8".
With the 8" edge abutting the top of my scoreboard, I scored at 3.25" and 6.5".
After that, it was just a case of creasing all the score lines and decorating the flaps, then adding red liner tape to stick down the left and right hand edges of the small flap to make a pocket for the money to sit inside. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
For the decoration I stamped the outside (largest) flap with a huge PaperArtsy JOFY image. I stamped the image again onto a snippet of yellow card then cut them out just the stars to stick over the top of original image. I also used a white Gelly Roll pen to colour the circles and to outline the words. You can't really see it, but inside the front flap is a snippet of white card that I embossed with a snowflake EF. I also opted to use a corner rounder punch on the front flap!
As Head Prefect, I'm giving you a little recap:
- Remember DI'S SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PRIZE DRAW CHALLENGE runs for FOUR WEEKS
- There's a CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR THEME.
- You MUST mention what snippets you've used AND link back to the Snippets Playground in your post.
- You have until 11am on 8th January 2022 to add your entry to the challenge HERE and once you've done that, you can say "YES" to as many of the prizes on the relevant posts as you like.
Meantime, the Treehouse is looking VERY festive - fairy lights have been hung, the Christmas Tree is decorated and the Christmas Hits are blaring out. Shin up the rope ladder and come find me - I've got plenty of mince pies, sausage rolls and mulled wine to go round! Hic! I've also added a comfy chair for Miss Di to kick back and relax in with a box of wine and her straw!!!! Dudley has his snug fleecy dog basket next to Di's chair, so I can chuck T.R.E.A.T.S his way!

Fab money wallet Sarn .. brilliant idea for using up snippets
ReplyDeletePauline x
Fab make and thanks for the heads up on Di's fab new challenge too
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday
Kathyk
This post certainly made me smile - no excuses for anyone to get the 'rules' wrong is there 🤣🤣. Well done for finding a comfy chair for 'Miss'. Great project too.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea what you have achieved with using snippets Sarn fabulous xx
ReplyDeleteAnd a festive drink & mince pie 🥧 for you too Sarn Merry Christmas xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous festive money wallet and great use for snippets!
ReplyDeleteLove the money wallet Sarn, so many pretty details to make it a joy adding to what's inside! Sorry I'm going to be missing out on things in the playground, all I can ask is will you drink a bottle for me please? the higher the alcohol level the better!
ReplyDeleteKeep safe
Faith x
A fabulous wallet Sarn, thanks for sharing and getting the treehouse party ready, see you there! Xxx
ReplyDeleteThis is a great make. Looking forward to the festivities in the tree house.
ReplyDeleteOoh, I do love this money wallet! Very clever and great instructions. And I've had a good chuckle at your post. Thanks for the brilliant publicity and how kind of you to supply not only a comfy chair for me, a box of wine with straw and also a cosy bed for Dudley. We might move in for the whole challenge!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di
xx
What a perfect recap from the Head Girl and a gorgeous money wallet! Love the colours and the star decorations. I'm wondering if we can swing off a string of fairy lights doing Tarzan impressions... might have a few of those mulled wines first! Vicky xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the instructions. I'm always in need of one or two money wallets throughout the year.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous money wallet - love it! Sending festive hugs and mince pies, April xxx
ReplyDeleteA good idea to make your own money wallets. The use of the white pen really takes the image to the next level, another good idea! Glad you are keeping and eye on things 😉. See you in the treehouse. x
ReplyDelete