Hello and welcome to my last post before Christmas
I wish all my blog friends, both old and new, a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a terrific NEW YEAR.
Please know that I am very grateful for your visits. As I have not been out and about as much as normal during the pandemic, your virtual company has meant even more to me than normal. THANK YOU.
I made a few Christmas cards with the "daddy" penguin of the Katzelkraft 'Grumpy Penguins' family.
He's so grumpy looking that I just HAD to find a sentiment with the word JOLLY in it, just to be ironic.
I spent some time just stamping, colouring and cutting out the penguins first.
Next, I stamped and stencilled some backgrounds onto the card front. Each penguin was then stuck to the card with foam pads.
![]() |
| Backgrounds ready for a penguin! |
The stamp I used to ground the penguin is from the Asia Marquet Stamp Set "Be Different" by IndigoBlu. A very useful little stamp it is too - and one that could easily be overlooked! The sentiment is so old, I can't remember who it's by, sorry!
Thanks again for your visit.
I wish you peace and joy.


You cards are lovely and such fun with the Penguins Sarn.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Christmas and if your up in the tree house for long mind your step as I heard there was a special delivery with pop corks.
B x
I love those grumpy penguins and will have to stop myself rushing to my own ToC to get out my own set.
ReplyDeleteWishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy (and above all HEALTHY) New Year, and the same to all of your readers
Kathyk
Just love the humour in these cards - fab grumpy penguin and just when I'd told myself I'm not buying any more 'stuff' to add to my stash 🙄. Thanks so much for your frequent visits and comments, they are so appreciated by this 'hermit'.
ReplyDeleteI love your grumpy penguins - I know a few people who would love a card like that!
ReplyDeleteI wish you a Merry Christmas too.
Kath x
Love these cards Sarn .. fab stencil work and the grumpy penguins really made me smile. I too have found the online and blogging community to be a real boo these past months due to not going out much.
ReplyDeleteHope you and your family have a happy Nd healthy Christmas and all the best for 2022
Pauline xx
Oh Sarn such fun cards l love them and penguins my son would just adore these he’s a great fan great humour, Merry Christmas to you & yours xx
ReplyDeleteThose penguins are so much fun, and I love those stenciled backgrounds that add such great interest! Wishing you and very Merry Christmas and peace and calm as well. May you all enjoy better health in the new year as well!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards, the penguins are fun and the stenciled background is fabulous! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteWishing yu a wonderful and Happy Christmas, Sarn. The grumpy penguins made me smile!
ReplyDeleteLiebe Sarn,
ReplyDeleteDeine Pinguinkarten schauen wundervoll aus, ich mag den Pinguin so gerne und Deine Hintergründe sind ein Traum, lieben Dank auch für die Erklärungen, wie sie entstanden sind.
Schöne Weihnachten
wünscht Dir
Anke,
die sich sehr über Deinen deutschen Kommentar gefreut hat ...
Peace and Joy to you and G Sarn xxx
ReplyDeleteLoving your penguin cards Sarn and the sentiment works so well! That pebble stencil is superb isn't it and makes a great background with the snowflakes. Hugs, Vicky xxx
ReplyDelete