Sunday, December 26, 2021

Grumpy Penguins - Snippets Reminder

Hello and welcome

Happy Boxing Day to you. I hope you enjoyed Christmas Day.

I love these Katzelkraft 'Grumpy Penguins' stamps and had fun using them on some Christmas cards. I had some long strips of white card left over from creating my own card blanks, so I stamped and coloured several penguins at once, then cut them all out to add to cards.

I just love that 'Bah Humbug' (need to get a stamp saying that!) expression on the penguin's face.

CLICK on the photo for a close-up view!

Snowflake snippets

LEFT HAND CARD

I die-cut a snippet of white card with a Heffy Doodles "Stitched Rectangles" die and brushed Pool Party ink through an Aall & Create Stencil (Broken Circles #67) then ran it through my Big Shot inside an old Stampin' Up Snowy embossing folder. Next, I stamped, coloured and fussy-cut the penguin and adhered him to the card front with foam pads - did the same with the Ho Ho Ho sentiment. Glued on a snowflake snippet to finish!

RIGHT HAND CARD

I brushed Pool Party ink through my new Funky Fossil "Pebbles" stencil, direct to the card front. Next, I stamped, coloured and fussy-cut the penguin, adhering him to the card front with foam pads. The sentiment was stamped onto a snippet of white card then cut out and stuck to the card front with foam pads. Finally, I used three die-cut snowflakes from snippets, using dies from The Works.

HAPPY CRAFTING!

12 comments:

  1. Great use of the odds and ends Sarn and I can tell you enjoyed using these Penguins, they are rather fun. Hope you had a good Christmas day.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Bah Humbug look on the penguin!! You could always print the words in a suitable size and cut them out to use if you can't find a suitable stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And they are so very fabulous Sarn, especially mixed with your fave pool party.

    Happy Boxing Day to you and your readers ... and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Sarn! I do love those penguins. Huge thanks for the shout out - and also for all the commenting you've been doing. Best Head Prefect ever!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these grumpy penguins Sarn!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your grumpy penguins, and the awesome stencilling xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great images, actually summing up how I feel about Christmas. lol. The textured snowy backgrounds are perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These penguins made me smile. Brilliant cards! They are sure to brighten the recipient's day. Happy holidays! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards, the penguin is so fun! My husband got me two magazines with stamp sets on them, one has a grumpy penguin, can't wait to play with him and all my new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh l just love your cards and grumpy penguins are so adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are fabulous, Sarn. I just love your grumpy penguins. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, what snarky penguins Sarn. Love them! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.