Wednesday, July 15, 2026

An abstract design . . .

Hi there!

I saw some abstract cards on Pinterest, so I decided to have a go at making a card with an abstract design while I was crafting at a friend's house. 

I masked off the edges of a piece of watercolour paper, then used Distress Inks, a stencil and some stamping. 

The circles at the left hand side are by Crafty Roo, but the crosses and numbers belong to my friend . . . so I don't have their details, although they may well be from one of the Studio Light grunge sets! 

I mounted the watercolour paper to the card front of a custom-made base card measuring 4.5" x 4.5".


14 comments:

  1. Nice abstract make and lovely summery colours too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card, love the abstract design, stamps and inky background.
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressed with this Sarnie! Actually VERY VERY impressed! Love it lots! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sarn, a very funky and imaginative design! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very striking piece of artwork Sarn.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome abstract art Sarn, love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Sarn, I love the abstract design and colour combination.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super abstract card - love the way the stamping and stencilling goes 'off the page'. Great colour scheme too

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Sarn and a great design too well done you fir trying something new x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cool, Sarn! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful design. I like the way it looks like the light is shining through on one side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design and like that background with your images Sarn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous design and I love the colour mix. The left hand design reminds me of a coal tip wheel. Yeah! I know strange, aren't I? It's the Welsh girl in me. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The circles and lines look like something that could be from an engineering blueprint and the inked background works brilliantly with it Sarn and the extra crosses and numbers look lovely too. a great card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.