Friday, July 24, 2026

Summer Coneflower

Hi there!

I simply LOVE this Aall & Create “Roadway Vistas” die set and have been playing around with mixed media on the main panel.

First of all, I glued on some old paper snippets, then dry brushed over them with white gesso. Next I brushed on various Distress Inks, followed by scraping modelling paste through a dotty stencil. I added more ink once the modelling paste was dry. Flicked some watered down orange and buff titanium acrylic paint splatters on.

Then it was a question of deciding how to embellish the lumpy, bumpy surface! So I found some printed PaperArtsy tissue paper and wetted round the edge of some text, pulled it out of the sheet and glued to the panel. I stamped, coloured and cut out the PaperArtsy coneflower so I could glue it on. Finally I added a little shading and grounded the flower. Added the whole thing to a 5” x 7” Kraft card.

5x7 sized Kraft card

Details:

  • Aall & Create “Roadway Vistas” die set
  • PaperArtsy tissue paper
  • PaperArtsy “Coneflowers Edition” stamp set EAB49 
  • Distress Inks; Inktense pencils; modelling paste through dotty stencil; Sakura Brush pen to ground flower with; shading done with a Stabilo All pencil and a water brush.
  • Snippet strips of paper used as a first layer on the substrate - although you can barely see them unless you look up close at the panel IRL!!!
Taking this card over to the WE LOVE STAMPING July Challenge where the theme is SUMMERTIME. As coneflowers are summer flowers, it fits the bill.

16 comments:

  1. WOW! This is spectacular, Sarn

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A WOW from me as well - this is a fabulous piece of mixed media art with lots of texture and detail. Great choice of framing too - LOVE IT !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The die cut frames your gorgeous lumpy bumpy background perfectly- love the coneflower too, it's a stunning card.
    Thanks for joining in at We Love Stamping
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, like that background and how you framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous, Sarn. I love everything about it.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW absolutely fabulous background with all the different techniques, love the beautiful coneflower and die-cut frame.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an amazing mixed media piece, fabulous background which really showcases the focal coneflowers. I’m very tempted by that die set too …. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blinking blimey Sarn, what an awesome creation! Thank goodness you shared the steps so I could soak up all the details. Awesome!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I just said to Val, one of my favourite frame dies and what a super focal panel you have created with so much interest and texture, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing result Sarn, love the colours and texture. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh wow Sarn this is beautiful what a gorgeous frame used l have something similar but not as pretty as this love the gold and the background especially like the cornflower totally stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. So many lovely details. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the grungy textured background with the pretty cone flower and that die cut frame is fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping. Avrilx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous summer card Sarn, looks really touchy feely!! Perfect for us at We Love Stamping. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous sunflower card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liebe Sarn,

    der Sonnenhut (besonders der Echinacea) gehört zu meinen Lieblingsstauden, Deine Karte schaut traumhaft schön aus, Sommer pur, genial gemacht.

    Sommerliche Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.