Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Daisy Trio

Having seen a couple of blog posts by Pauline (Passion for Papercraft) using cover gifts from Issue 162 of the Creative Stamping magazine, I was sorely tempted to get the magazine myself. After a fruitless search in my local town, my lovely hubby tracked down a copy online and promptly bought it for me (yes, he's a KEEPER!). So, I am now the proud owner of the magazine and am delighted with both the double stencil and the A4 sheet of stamps. 

Val from the Aquarius Blog was also tempted by the magazine cover gifts and she has made THIS lovely card using them.

The ATC below is the first thing I made with the magazine cover stamps. Full disclosure - I decided to cut away the oval frame from this particular stamp in the set to make it more useful to me! 

ATC

Details:

  1. Navy blue ATC measuring 2.5" x 3.5".
  2. White snippet of card measuring 2.25" x 3.25” smooshed with some leftover Buff Titanium acrylic paint. Orange splatters of diluted acrylic paint were added once the smooshed bit was dry.
  3. All stamping was done with VFC Twilight ink using cover gift freebies from Issue 162 of the Creative Stamping magazine (link is in the first paragraph of this post). I used a white gel pen on the petals and a yellow Inktense pencil for the daisy centres. 
I would like to enter this ATC into the TAG-ALONG & ATCs July challenge - blue is my favourite colour in all its shades. I also like blue and orange as a colour combination. 


12 comments:

  1. A super ATC and I can quite see how this daisy stamp is more versatile without the frame. Thanks for the mention and, yes, I'm also enjoying this cover gift of stencil and stamps.. Well done to your husband for tracking down a copy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the mag too! But yet to use... This is a gorgeous ATC and clever use of the framed stamp. Thanks also for sharing with us at Tag-along (and ATC's).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline made me buy the mag too, I couldn't find it locally so had to buy online too-the stamp set is brilliant. Beautiful ATC and I like how you cut the image down to make it work for you-great idea.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing ATC and I think you did right to cut away the border as it's perfect the way it is

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super ATC Sarn, the stamps are lovely.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of those stamps Sarn, it's a beautiful ATC. I, too was tempted by Pauline but managed to resist (proud and virtuous smile)..ok I couldn't find a copy in the shops but prefer to believe the first version.
    I think the daisy stamp is more versatile without the frame so great idea to remove it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty with the fresh Daisies, many thanks for sharing at Tag-Along.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the mention Sarn, that is so kind. You have made a wonderful ATC with the daisy stamp - the framed daisies is the one stamp element I have yet to use. It’s a great set though, one of the best I’ve seen with a magazine for a long time. Look forward to seeing how you use the rest of the set xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful daisy ATC Sarn, well done him for finding the magazine, and well done you for snipping the stamp to suit! I do that on very rare occasions, I’m not so brave 😂 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarn this is so pretty the stamp set os gorgeous l like how you have used them on this beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ATC with those stamps and your background. Yes, he's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO very lovely Sarn, love your colour choices. Hubby is a gem looking for you and buying it too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.