Sunday, March 15, 2026

Sunday Snippets - Dragonfly Tag

Hi Playmates!

There's a new challenge to play along with over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND hosted by Miss Di for the next fortnight.

For my homework I made a tag using a die set I was delighted to win at the Tag Along & ATC Challenge recently.

The finished tag

Below is a photo of the inner piece of the tag before I mounted it onto the outer piece and added the dragonfly and sentiment. 

Believe it or not, the inner piece was WHITE before I brushed it with three different Distress Oxide inks, added some stencilling; some white modelling paste (which turned a bit green as I was too impatient to wait for the inks to dry) and some white splatters (using watered down white acrylic paint). 

Then it was just a case of stamping and die-cutting the dragonfly and colouring it with Posca pens. I used the same Posca pens to colour a few of the modelling paste squares and added some dots. Then I glued everything together, punched a hole and added the twine before stamping and distressing the edges of the sentiment and glueing it in place. The sentiment IS on straight - it’s the modelling paste squares that are a bit wonky!

MATERIALS:

  • DIES: “Taggletastic" tag die set #30 by Aall & Create (white snippet used for inner piece); 
  • “Dragonfly” stamp and die set by Hazel Eaton for Studio Light (part of a Dragonfly Dreams suite) (stamped onto a white snippet).
  • STENCILS: Funky Fossil “Grid” stencil (with modelling paste scraped through it); “Geometric Floral” stencil by Funky Fossil and “Flower Power #8” stencil by Uniko, both brushed with darker green Distress Oxide ink.
  • SENTIMENT from the "Tall Grass" set by Funky Fossil (stamped onto a snippet of SU Tip Top Taupe card leftover from cutting the outer tag.)
  • Posca pens and Distress Oxide inks for all COLOURING.
I would like to enter this tag into the following challenges:
  1. ALLSORTS CHALLENGE #845 under the theme of Things With Wings;
  2. WE LOVE STAMPING March Challenge under Wildlife theme/Anything Goes
  3. TAG ALONG & ATCs March Challenge under Anything Goes

22 comments:

  1. A MASTERPIECE!! Love it ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely inky grunginess here Sarn, a real stunner using your new set and a sentiment I just may need to hunt down. So pleased you shared your first make with your new stencil with us at Tag-Along (and ATC's) challenge and also We Love Stamping and Allsorts., thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lesley - this is gorgeous with so much detail and as a bonus you've covered three challenges too. Thanks very much for sharing this beauty with us for the current theme at Allsorts. Off now to see what's happening in the Playground

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag Sarn, beautiful design and I love the added texture.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Sarn, absolutely love the colours, texture and the dragonfly stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag Sarn with lots of detail so creative with the added texture gorgeous colours used too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a delightful tag and what a happy accident your impatience caused too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous tag Sarn - beautiful design and textures.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag, colors, modeling squares, sentiment and beautifully colored dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag and textured background, love the beautiful Dragonfly and congrats on winning the beautiful tag dies.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very beautiful, Sarn. Such wonderful details and pretty colors added to the background to match the gorgeous dragonfly. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sarn, this is a real work of art! So much gorgeous detail and I love the background - and OF course that glorious dragonfly!
    Hugs
    Di xxb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back to thank you for sharing you lovely tag with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation, love your use of colour and the quote with the dragonfly is perfect. Thank you for joining our wildlife theme at We Love Stamping this month. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s This would also be suitable to enter at https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/ as you've used lots of lovely mediums :-)

      Delete
  15. It's so beautiful. Love the colours you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts, We Love Stamping and Tag-along (and ATCs) challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was für ein wundervolles frühlingshaftes Tag, liebe Sarn. Gefällt mir wahnsinnig gut und Dein Hintergrund schaut MEGA aus, der Spruch ist auch so schön.

    Herzliche Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete
  17. The layered inky background is such a standout here, especially with the way the stenciling, paste and splatters all settle into a cohesive panel. The Posca accents pull the eye across the design, and the dragonfly has such presence without overwhelming the tag. The mix of texture, soft color transitions and those slightly wonky squares gives it so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sarn - Fabulous texture and colour! CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fantastic work. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just gorgeous and the paste tinting is perfect. I think i have been impatient myself in the past and had this lovely effect. I love the happy uplifting feel to this tag Sarn. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.