Hi there!
I had not heard of Mini Moo cards until I ventured over to see what The Little Things Challenge was all about.
In the Permitted Projects section of The Little Things Challenge, Mini Moo cards are said to measure 28mm x 70mm (1.1” x 2.75”) and were originally tiny business cards . . . but crafters have adopted them!
SO . . . I went ahead and made one, using up a few smaller snippets in the process.
| My first Mini Moo card |
Materials:
- White snippet of card measuring 28mm x 70mm
- Striped Washi tape by Funky Fossil.
- Unbranded flower die from Amazon, coloured with a pink Posca pen and Shabby Shutters DI.
- Grungy “flourish” word from the Spread A Little Happiness set (#628) by Aall & Create
I had so much fun making the first Mini Moo that pretty soon there were THREE!!!
Are you wondering what I will do with such tiny things? Well, as I'm primarily a card maker, I mounted the original panel onto card snippets and glued them to card fronts . . . wanna see?
Here you go:
| The Mini Moos were mounted onto card snippets and added A6-sized cards. Sorry about the bad lighting - taken in the evening under artificial light. |
They could also be used as small tags if you punched a hole in the top and added twine; or put into the pockets of your junk journal, or even a teeny tiny bookmark!
Mini Moos are new to me also - I love the ones you've made and popping them onto cards as toppers seems like the ideal use for them. I'm not sure what else they could be used for - possibly small bookmarks? Always good to see something different.
ReplyDeleteRecently a Tag entrant asked me about Mini Moo and confess I'd never heard of them. All three so pretty and now have useful purposes as well, well done you.
ReplyDeleteB x
Very pretty, cute and funky selection Sarn, and they look fabulous matted onto plain card fronts. Xx
ReplyDeleteI've made mini moos in the past but not for ages ... maybe this will be a "return to" reminder - thank you, yours are glorious matey
ReplyDeleteKathyk
I have heard of them but never made any, thank you for the inspiration. These look brilliant and make perfect CAS card toppers and another great idea for using snippets.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
These are really cool, I have not heard of Mini Moo cards! Yours are beautiful, thanks for giving the measurements!
ReplyDeleteWow, Sarn, they are amazing! Love your Mini Moos!
ReplyDeleteThe Little Things Challenge – Co Owner
ATC Around The World Challenge - Owner
The Dream Factory Challenge – Co Owner
xoxo Conny
Love your mini moos, they are so sweet, and look fab on the cards xxx
ReplyDeleteSo cute and very useful toppers too, xxx
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun introduction to Mini Moos, and yours make the format shine. The crisp washi stripes, the softly colored flower, and that grungy sentiment create a great mix of clean and artsy. Mounting them onto A6 card fronts works beautifully, giving those tiny panels real presence. I also love your ideas for using them as tags or journal inserts — they feel like the perfect little creative spark.
ReplyDeleteYour Mini Moos are fabulous, Sarn. Great idea to mount them on cards.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Your Mini moo cards are adorable Sarn, what a great way too to use up snippets xx
ReplyDeleteNew to me they look great and your use of them as card toppers makes them useful too.
ReplyDeleteI've not heard of the mini moos but I am all ready convinced as I love all things tiny. How clever they are and would make amazing embellishments for many things. Wonderful makes. Thank you for the inspiration x
ReplyDeleteI've not heard about these either, but what marvellous things you have done, and then to add them to cards, making them awesome. Love your work. x
ReplyDelete