Wednesday, January 14, 2026

Doodling with torn paper snippets . . .

Hi there!

Something VERY quirky from me today!

I saw something on Pinterest which showed tiny bits of brown paper with doodling around their shape. This piqued my interest, so - I thought I’d have a go myself! I would link to the Pinterest post, but I can’t find it anywhere now, despite searching!

Here’s the final results, made into cards:

The process I used was to find a few brown paper snippets (never a problem, I have loads of brown paper snippets). Then I tore them into small pieces and stamped them randomly with the Funky Fossil “Shoot for the stars” text stamp. Once they were glued to a piece of A4 printer paper, I simply doodled around them and cut them out ready to add to cards.

Bits of stamped brown paper ready to doodle! I glued paper onto two A4 sheets,
but I’m sure you get the idea from this one.

These were the doodles that made the Final Cut - but then, I
didn’t like what I made with the “mouse” or the “toucan”, so they
got binned!

4.5" x 4.5” sized card with a stamped & stencilled background,
plus a clock that I cut out and stuck behind the doodle.

"Small Triangles” stencil by Rubber Dance; sentiment from 
Grunge Collection SL GR STAMP43 by StudioLight.
Grounding stamp by IndigoBlu. 
Custom card size 4 1/8th x 5"

PaperArtsy “mini” stamp in orange; grounding stamp
by IndigoBlu. Sentiment from the “So Weird” set by Whimsy Stamps.
Custom card size: 5” x 5.5"

It was a bit of fun, and I got a few cards out of the exercise, so I was happy!

14 comments:

  1. Wow Sarn, so very different and inspirational, thanks for sharing something so very different.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, in fact even the mouse and the toucan are brilliant, so clever of you Sarn. A clever and fun design on each. Brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW these are absolutely brilliant, love the cute critters and great backgrounds.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these- such a brilliant idea and so fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous doodling and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Sarn, what a clever idea.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Trust your crazy ideas” indeed! These are awesome, although I’m disappointed in the trashed ones πŸ˜ƒ, because I think they are all amazingly awesome! Only you could make awesome things from scraps of brown paper! 😍😍😍😍😍😍Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great. Funnily enough I was thinking only yesterday of using some torn brown parcel tape as texture, but nothing as wonderful as these turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are incredible Sarn, totally original and completely fabulous!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing idea you came across by chance - shame you couldn't find it again. You've had some fun with the technique and come up with some brilliant cards - love them ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Sarn these are so creative and adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sarn this is such a great idea and you have made the most amazing cards. It adds so much interest and such a great technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, they look AMAZING!! What a brilliant technique and such fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Das sind ja witzige Karten, liebe Sarn. Geniale Idee und die Wirkung ist gigantisch.

    Liebe Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.