Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sunday Snippets - Love is in the air!

Hi Playmates!

I have a wedding card to submit as my homework this week. I stuffed a few bottles of bubbly and some wedding cake into my satchel too (see me up in the Treehouse to share some of the plunder later!).

I used the Eclipse Technique, plus some gold heat embossing to make the card panel with an AALL & Create heart stamp and a word die from The Works.

5.75" square base card

A close-up shot to show up the heat embossing
which is difficult to photograph
White snippet for the Eclipse layers

Details:

  • White card snippet to die cut the word "love" x 3 to layer up.
  • "Love" die by The Works (retired).
  • Main card panel stamped with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with WOW gold embossing powder. The embossed heart image was subsequently die cut with the "love" die.
  • Heart image by AALL & Create from stamp set #896 "Forget Me Not". NB: I have cut down the size of the hearts in this stamp set to suit me better.
  • "On Your Wedding Day" - stamp make unknown
  • White panel mounted onto a piece of SU Rich Razzleberry card - both were die cut with Heffy Doodle Stitched Square dies.

I'm hosting a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight. So why not take a look at your pile of snippets (I KNOW you have some), make something with them, then come and play!

16 comments:

  1. It’s funny, I was so struck by the awesome gold heart design I didn’t notice the rich razzleberry mount at first, this card is just fab u lous! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unusual - just love it. Rich Razzleberry is a good choice too and the gold embossing is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME make matey, simply awesome!

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous wedding card, love the eclipse technique and beautiful embossed heart.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stylish Sarn, I absolutely love the combo of the stamp and large die cut word, and the gold embossing is fabulous!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly elegant Wedding card Sarn! I adore the gold and Razzleberry together with white. LOVE your heart with the eclipse sentiment - nice one!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously elegant card Sarnie. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That technique can be very tricky but you pulled it off with a great resulting card. I love all that gold embossing for a wonderful wedding card. I'll see you after the nuptials for a few sippies of champagne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Gosh, Sarn! This is awesome!! A brilliant wedding-card. The embossing is awesome, and so elegant! I simply LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even more beautiful irl! I've been admiring it. L x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunningly beautiful wedding card and you've reminded me I haven't done the eclipse technique in ages! Save me some bubbly and cake in the treehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh wow Sarn your card is stunning l love the gold and the embossing the love word over the heart is truly amazing love it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your floral silhouette heart gold embossed Sarn, it looks really beautiful, and had a look at the original shapes of the three hearts and think this more conventional shape does look better and makes for an easier fit on a card. The eclipse technique with the 'love' die works brilliantly..a perfect wedding card. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and unusual and just right for a special day! I love the gold and rich razz together and the embossing and the eclipsed word sentiment all add to the design. Wedding cake and fizz sound like a great breakfast - see you up in the treehouse! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sarn, this is gorgeous! CarolG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.