Hi Playmates
Wow it's been a hot one in the UK this week! Not much crafting has been done at my place I can tell you!
However, I still have something to share with you, and this time it's a masculine birthday card for a friend of mine . . . made with my favourite leafy dies.
There's a stash of blueberry muffins under a glass domed cake stand up in the treehouse for elevenses - feel free to help yourself. I bagsy the comfy seat nearest the fan - and because I'm Prefect, I'm gonna pull rank! I'm thinking about asking Miss Di if there's enough money left over from raffle ticket sales to install air con in the treehouse!
![]() |
| Card base: 4.75" square |
![]() |
| Leafy snippet |
DETAILS:
- White snippet of card inked by tapping various Distress Inks onto a non-stick craft sheet, spritzing the ink with water and dabbing the white snippet through the result. Added a bit of grungy stamping on top once the ink was dry, using an old Kaisercraft stamp, plus a few splatters.
- Tim Holtz "Leaf Fragments" dies used to cut leaves from the inky snippet.
- AALL & Create Washi tape #13 added along the bottom of the card because it matched the leaf colours so well!
- The sentiment is from a JOFY PaperArtsy stamp set.
- I stamped the tip of an AALL & Create grunge stamp at the very top of the card to join up the leaves and painted on a few dots for faux splatters.
There's a new challenge to play along with over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND hosted by Miss Di for the next fortnight.
Thanks for looking at my blog today, and for any comment you may choose to leaf(!).


Super card, Sarn. I love your leaf die cut and the washi tape is just perfect.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
I do be leaf this is an utterly awesome card! 😂 As you can see I had to leaf a comment, and please save me a muffin 😃xxx
ReplyDelete🤣😉
DeleteWell I'm leafing a comment too 🤣. Brilliant card and the washi tape is a perfect match to those fab leaves. Air-con in the treehouse, now there's an idea 😊
ReplyDeleteWow Sarn what a lovely leaf die its make a beautiful card for your friend and the muffins sound yummy enjoy your day x
ReplyDeleteThose leaves look so lifelike and elegant on this great masculine birthday card. They look like I feel in this heat wave - withered and completely dried out LOL I can't imagine how anyone could exist without A/C in this hot weather.
ReplyDeleteI love this card, the die cut leaves colour and matching washing tape work brilliantly! Also love the font on the sentiment xxxx
ReplyDeleteBrilliantly done Darn, the colour and grunge stamping on the leaves is awesome and the washi tape is a spookily perfect match!! I’d love a muffin but it’s too hot … methinks I need ice cream 🍦🍦
ReplyDeleteI love these dies and had to have them but they haven't made too many appearances! Love how you used them and the colours. Definitely up for a blueberry muffin.
ReplyDeleteThat leaf die and snippet you used made a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteWhat great leaf dies!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen them before!
Makes a great card!
WOW das schaut so edel aus, wunderschöne Karte.
ReplyDeleteSommerliche Grüße
von Anke
WOW! Love those leaves and the fabulous washi tape, a stunning card Sarn. Wish we had heat, it's been OKish here, except for today which is lovely, but lower temperatures tomorrow! x
ReplyDeleteOoh, I LOVE this, I keep looking at those leaf dies too - cracking make with them
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday
Kathyk
Love these leaves, as you know! I do love that you used such beautifully matching washi tape as a finishing touch - a match made in Heaven!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Ooh yes, I love the pairing of those gorgeous autumnal leaves with the coordinating washi too! Doing mwahs today as it's too hot for hugs, Vicky xxx
ReplyDeletePS. You may find me in the paddling pool with muffin crumbs on my swimming cozzy!
I love the this TH set of leaves and the perfect inky snippet to cut then from and some extra inking and spatter works brilliantly Sarn, and a great idea to use the A & C grunge stamp to join them up. The washy tape is a great finishing touch..a fabulous masculine card. x
ReplyDelete