Sunday, August 20, 2023

New Snippets Playground Challenge 20th Aug to 2nd Sept

Hi Playmates

There's a new challenge to join in with over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with yours truly in charge for the next fortnight. Why not use up some snippets and come over to play?

I've been playing with some jelly. Oops, no, I mean I've been playing with my gelli PLATE! (Not sure that sounds much better really!!!).

In any case, I made a gelli print which I stamped all over, intending to make it into a pocket! Unfortunately, I was a bit too enthusiastic with my scissors, which meant I couldn't fold the pocket up properly. So, I salvaged what I could of the print and (so far) I've made a few ATCs with it:

The 2¼" x 3¼" gelli print snippet has been stamped, then 
a leafy stencil was used with DOX inks for a focal point.
The Tim Holtz sticker was brushed with ink, then glued on.
All mounted onto a snippet of Alpen box packaging!
I stamped circles and a few splatters over the
Alpen box packaging "kraft" card, then added a
small snippet of the salvaged gelli print to the left and
some punched flowers to the right.
Flat back gems were glued to the flower centres.
A tiny snippet of the same salvaged gelli print is at the
bottom left of this ATC. The whole ATC front (from packaging) was covered
with a coloured book page snippet which had been gessoed first.
Writing and leaf sprig added freehand.
Just a couple of bits of the salvaged gelli print snippets.

That's all from me today folks! Keep on using up those pretty snippets of yours, then come and play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND.

Di has a snippets card to share with you HERE along with the latest Pupdate on Dudley's antics.

17 comments:

  1. You've made terrific use of your salvaged gelli print and lovely it is too. Guess Alpen bars must be a favourite of yours, please tell me you don't just buy them for their packaging 🤣😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got bored of them now Val - so I’m on to Tunnock bars which don’t have any cardboard packaging😞! A girl has to have a treat!

      Delete
  2. You made 3 fabulous cards Sarn and the technique you used is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Not one, but three AMAZING ATCs with your salvaged gelli print!! Love them all so much!! The kraft packaging in the second one is just perfect to show up the flowers and circles!

    ...I think that perhaps you could use alo the punched leftovers, especially that to the right with two flower holes, love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ATCs love the gelli plate backgrounds and the colours on the last one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great save to make these fab ATCs. My fav is the last one with your hand drawn leaf sprig.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowser! Brilliant ATCs there Sarn, love them all.

    Hugs

    Di
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful cards you've created with the gelli plate design! Loving all the backgrounds, colors and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another really effective Gelli background Sarn.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards, Sarn. Your Gelli print backgrounds are wonderful. I must use my Gelli plate more, thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous collection of ATC! I hope to play with my gelli plate this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such clever and beautiful ATC's Sarn, love the colour mixes and the great stamps.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very innovative snippety ATC's Sarn. I have never got into making ATC's myself but I can appreciate the artistry in a small space. I love your use of the cereal box to make your base card and love the different bits of stamping and added stencilled leaves and TH word stickers, and beautiful freehand work on the second. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are all fabulous SRn … love the combo of the gel plate work, stencilling, stamping and freehand drawing … really awesome and brilliant colour schemes with the Kraft.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'Too enthusiastic with my scissors' really made me laugh Sarn! What perfect colours on your gelli prints (and why would you be playing with Jelly when you could just eat it?!) Gorgeous ATCs! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.