Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Too Kind OLC

Hi Friends

I have a one layer card (OLC) for you today. 

My lovely blog friend Vicky often masks off her card fronts before inking and stamping, so I took a leaf out of her book and had a go at it myself! I was very pleased with the results (thanks Vicky!).

A6 size card

  1. As mentioned above, I used low tack masking tape all along the card front edges.
  2. I stamped a very large Carabelle stamp into the unmasked area in light brown ink.
  3. Using a make-up brush, I brushed light brown ink from the left hand corner upwards and outwards.
  4. Used a 3-step Stampin' Up! set of flowers called 'Too Kind', I stamped the green stems first, then the 2-step flower heads.

19 comments:

  1. And what a lovely make it turned out to be, a lovely combination of images and colours ... One Layer Cards are my own particular nemesis!!!

    Happy One Layer Wednesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The delicate background stamping shows off the lovely flowers to perfection. Always a bit nervous of OLC's myself 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sarn, a very effective technique for one layer card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of masked off borders Sarn and yours is just gorgeous! What a great idea to use a large detailed stamp for the background and those vibrant flowers for the foreground - your colours are superb too! Thanks for the shout out my friend :) Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous with a an elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very stylish Sarn, a bit of script makes a lovely backdrop.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Sarn - I love the flower.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very classy card Sarn with your borders to that lovely stamping.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! How very elegant and beautiful Sarn.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great technique and stunning card, I will be giving this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bellissima!! Mi riprometto sempre di fare una card mascherano il bordo, ma poi non lo faccio mai! Grazie per avermelo ricordato :) Adoro i fiori viola sullo sfondo marrone, è un effetto così vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sarn - this truly is a stunning card! Absolutely beautiful - you certainly mastered the technique right away! I adore the colours you used - delightful.

    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicky's fun technique produced a great looking card here. It's a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous idea and what a marvelous result . You certainly made those flowers POP .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful combo of the script and that gorgeous flower set .. the colour of the flowers is stunning against the sepia backdrop xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really do know how to choose images and colours, that make the most gorgeous of cards, this is another one.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.