Monday, July 10, 2023

Week 736 at Allsorts - Embossing

I hadn't played with my embossing folders for quite some time, so when I saw that the optional theme at Allsorts this week was EMBOSSING . . . I thought I'd get my folders out and dust them off!

The one I most fancied playing with was a cute Sizzix bird folder. Take a look at the picture below to see what I made.

The card measures 4" x 4¾"

The materials I used to emboss a white snippet of card.

I had a go at inking the debossed side of the folder in green ink, then running it through my Big Shot with a snippet of white card inside. 

LOVED the result so I mounted it onto a larger white snippet then fixed that to some fake "Kraft card" (which is really recycled packaging) with foam pads. Trimmed an A6 card down to measure ¼" larger all round, which of course means the card is an odd size, so I'll have to custom-make an envelope to fit!

18 comments:

  1. And it turned out really well, it's a fab make

    Happy Monday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant result with that fab embossing folder - love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased we persuaded you Sarn and wow what a great effect your created, lovely to see you at Allsorts as always, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't inked my embossing folders in ages, but after seeing this beauty, I think I'll fix myself a drinky poo and do zactly what you did! LOL This card really turned out pretty!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Sarn, glad you dusted off one of your embossing folders. I love the simplicity of the design, the use of snippets and the spot of recycling. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week and for choosing to use the Embossing Folder option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out great! A lovely example of how to get a great effect from an embossing folder, I love the sage green too.
    Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Che bel design, Sarn!!Così dolce e pulito! L'inchiostro verde ha delineato così bene l'embossing bianco e i tuoi mats sono PERFETTI per incorniciare il disegno! Ovviamente adoro che hai usato un cartoncino color kraft di riciclo! :D
    Le mie card non sono mai della misura giusta! LOL :D
    Abbracci

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Sarn! Love that debossed background. Wow it really came out perfectly. That's a very sweet folder. Thank you so much for sharing your project at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that turned out really well, so much better than any of my attempts! Great card and another masterpiece of recycling! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out beautifully. What a cute folder too. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week, lovely to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun technique, it turned out really beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH! Sarn, this is gorgeous, love what you have achieved, with recycling.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Sarn! I'm raging now that I threw some packaging into the recycling bin and never thought to use it as backing, won't be doing that again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card and great idea to use the recycled packing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarn your creation is a stunner l love the background and great use of recycling xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I truly thought these were white die cuts on a green background Sarn. What a fabulous card! A worthy Allsorts Top Five, and three of you from the Playground were picked I see. How cool is that then?!

    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous Sarn! I love the colour of the background and the way the design pops against it. Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow love this technique Sarn … with that cute folder it really makes the white image pop!!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.