Sunday, July 23, 2023

MORE Christmas in July at the Snippets Playground!

Hi Playmates

It's Sunday morning and time for a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with yours truly in charge for the next fortnight. Please remember there is a CHRISTMAS THEME for this particular Playground challenge.

Just to prove that bunnies aren't only for Easter - I have a card using the popular "bunny" die which was kindly gifted to me by a good friend (thanks, you know who you are). 

5½ square base card

The snippets I used. It didn't matter that
the kraft card (which is actually packaging)
wasn't quite big enough for the die as I only
wanted the insert bits!

The details:

  1. First, I added the grungy Christmas stamp direct to the base card, a little over to the right hand side. (The stamp is from Aall & Create set #371 'Deep Focus'. Nothing to do with Christmas really!)
  2. Next I die cut all the snippets and watercoloured the bunny with Distress Oxide inks.
  3. I glued the presents pile together on the card front (snipping off the top bow first along with the innards of the top box) then drew the top present stripes in then added colour by watercolouring them with Distress Inks. 
  4. The bunny was then seated on top of the pile! He has some foam pads under the main body and head, but his ears and feet have been glued down.
  5. Added grounding beneath the presents.
  6. Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black. The sentiment is from Colorado Crafts Big & Bold Warmest Wishes set.

23 comments:

  1. Bellissima card! Molto moderna e anche elegante! Che bella idea mettere il coniglio seduto sui pacchi regalo e mi piace molto che tu lo abbia colorato, che grande attenzione ai dettagli!
    Buon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarn, this is absolutely wonderful and totally proves the versatility of not only the die but also you thinking outside the box! Ha, should that be boxes - unintentional Freudian slip there. A great Christmas card. I know, I should be in bed but Dudley is a bit hyper after his exciting day!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Sarn, and I am in love with bunny die too, it is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took the words right out of my mouth Sarn, Bunnies work anytime and how sweet this is.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me smile to see those parcels again, and that bunny! What a lovely background stamp and sentiment, fab card Sarn, Il be popping over for a snowball xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWser, such a cool Christmas make, lots of snippets used along with that glorious background image too - great make

    Happy Snippet Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a stroke of genius to sit bunny on top of the pile of gifts and the background stamp works beautifully as well. Really good thinking here and an idea I might well copy - if I may 😊. My bunny has been 'resting' for quite long enough and I'm sure he'd like an outing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flattered that you’d like to CASE him Val. Go right ahead! X

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card Sarn, what a fun way to incorporate the little bunny. I love the background stamp you’ve used… might need to go on a hunt to find that one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Sarn what a wonderful card and l agree bunny's you can used all year round not only for Easter and he makes a fabulous card lovely die too with the presents great use of snippets too! l shall be along to sip some cocktails and have a go on the swings weather permitting its really wet outside enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sarn! That bunny certainly is popular, he seems to turn up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card love the dies and Grungy background stamp
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The more I see this bunny, the more I love him! He looks perfect sitting on all the presents and I like that stenciling and fun sentiment too! Such a cute snippets card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous festive card Sarn and I love the bunny!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card Sarn - the bunny is so cute and I love the grungy background too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the use of the bunny and that background script makes for a wonderful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful fun and marvellous card Sarn, I love the bunny sitting on the parcels. A marvellous background to suit too. Great shading on the bunny bringing him alive.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card Sarn … brilliant how you have made it both cute and yet arty/grungy at the same time - perfect!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a brilliant design Sarn! What a good idea to have that lovely bunny sitting on the pile of presents and I really like the snow storm style of your background stamp. Love the 'recycled packaging kraft' too and will be found shortly with my head in the recycling bin looking for crafting goodies!! Sending hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That bunny is so cute Sarn and he sits very nicely on the pile of parcels a great die for using up those little snippets, and although the blue stamped background isn't a Christmas stamp it works brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Sarn your christmas card is so beautiful, great design and I love the bunny, your background and the wonderful sentiment.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very cute and very clever. With the lovely stencilling to add depth. Think we might need to dig out the hot chocolate and maybe a canoe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.