Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Snippets - Happy Hallowe'en!

Hi Playmates

I'm submitting the following card as homework for the new SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND Challenge.

The small square of white card and the orange mount
are both snippets.

Miss Di is hosting the Snippets Playground for the next fortnight and there's an OPTIONAL THEME for you to play along with. It's still ANYTHING GOES, but if you wish, you can make your project  using an Autumn/Hallowe'en theme or just use their associated colours. Still only one entry, as usual.

I don't really have any Hallowe'en stamps so I decided to draw something instead. Here's my first attempt - which is on the reverse of the drawing you see on the card above (so as not to waste a snippet!).

Discarded in favour of my 2nd attempt
on the other side!


Much happier with this drawing, so 
I coloured it in with Distress Inks
& added clouds & the sentiment.

The cloud template I cut from a snippet.

Hallowe'en Party!

Remember Di is hosting a Fancy Dress Hallowe'en Party tomorrow night. I know lots of you have been busy making your costumes. We have a few frightful and ghoulish cocktails ready for you up in the Treehouse - witch(!) has been fully decked out with cobwebs and carved pumpkins etc (actually, we just didn't clean the Treehouse for a month so those fake cobwebs are REAL!). Grab your broomstick and come for a ride! Di's been busy making Pumpkin Soup in one of the cauldrons and I've been busy  making Witches Brew in the other, plus there's lots of crusty rolls and jacket spuds to help you mop up some of that Brew!

Bonfire Party!

Next weekend, we'll be setting light to a big bonfire and cooking jacket spuds, toasting crumpets and enjoying some hot soup. Might even be a sing song around the fire - but no fireworks cuz Playground Pets don't like the loud noise! Anyone seen the head of our Guy Fawkes? It's gone missing! DUDLEYYYYYY!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my Sarn, your drawing is awesome! And I don't know why you didn't loved your first attempt! Anyway, your pumpkin looks delicious and such fabulous watercolouring! It's great that you made your own cloud template with a snippet, too! Great sentiment, always love positive thoughts! :)
    Real cobwebs on the tree house??? Fantastic!!! :D I can take some big spiders from my garden, if they don’t fall off the broom on the way. And I have also a small bats family that lives in the porch under my house, I will ask them to come with me! :D

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs stamps when you can draw eh?? Brilliant pumpkin design. You've made excellent use of some of your snippets, snippeteers never waste anything 🤣. The Playground certainly sounds like a fun place to be at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Val said and it's perfect for the option this time round.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Sarn.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Sarn l love your card and the theme lovely clouds you have created too and that's a fabulous pumpkin coloured beautifully too l will be popping over shortly enjoy the swings is pumpkin soup on the go thats how brilliant no dusting produces perfect spiders webbs and my fancy dress is on the go yes bomfires fireworks then Christmas yah yah ??xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Sarn what an amazing pumpkin, drawn with your own fair hands? Super! A beautiful sentiment, and clouds LOVE it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are soooo clever, fabulous pumpkin Sarn, looks great with the clouds behind. I’m up for your witches brew, but will have to wear my hat as I soooooo don’t like cobwebs or what lives in them! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a brilliant drawing, us there no end to your talents Sarn?? Love the colouring too
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Sarn, your pumpkin is fabulous. I once went to a drawing workshop where we had to draw and paint a bowl of cherries. When I showed my hubby, he thought it was a bowl of tomatoes. When I showed my class of four and five year olds the following day, they could see it was cherries. My drawings are obviously the standard of a typical Reception class child! 🤣
    See you in the Treehouse tomorrow. I’ll be the witch with the green hair. 🧙 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a Drawing Diva Sarn! Love that you just quickly sketched a pumpkin and grass and inked in a few casual clouds like a total professional!! Love this so much. By the way, we could have Bangers (aka sausages) instead of fireworks... they get Eva's vote! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Your pumpkin looks as good as some of the digital ones I’ve seen. Now there’s an idea - Sarn’s Digi stamps! Don’t know what you put in that Witches Brew but I’m still feeling the after effects😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fab drawing matey, I actually like both but agree in preferring the second! Cracking make and a fab idea to make your own cloud mask too

    Happy Tuesday, sorry to be late to the party!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I just lost my comment! Just to say that I LOVE your pumpkin with the soft clouds and glimpses of pastel blue sky! I'm so relieved that you're not into skeletons and other horrors we see representing All Hallows' Eve! Very tasteful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.