Wednesday, October 19, 2022

From run-off sheet to gift!

Hi Friends

This is a bit picture heavy . . . so you might want to grab a cuppa!

The photo below shows the "run-off" sheet left over from a gelli printing session. It's where I "cleaned off" my brayer and some stencils. I thought it was just too lovely to throw away and it proved a GREAT starting place to add MORE gesso, paint, stencilling etc! It's probably around A3 in size.

I cut a 7" x 7" piece from the sheet and added more stencilling in dark blue, as well as some gesso rings via a pot lid!

The 7" square piece that I cut off.

Below are 2 of the remaining snippets - I'll play with them another day (although I've already added gesso to the right hand piece)!

Snippets for another day!

Next, I folded the sheet in a specific way (see later video link) to create two pockets, suitable for small gifts and made a little tag with an off-cut of one of the above snippets (the bottom bit if you look closely)!


Here is the filled gift pocket

Front
Back

See HERE for a YouTube video on how to fold a paper square into the above. Because my run-off sheet is only pretty on one side, I chose to fold my pockets so that they faced the inside of the holder, rather than the outside as per the video.

My fold measurements, for a 7" square piece of paper were:

  1. With the Triangle fold lined up to the LEFT of the scoreboard - score at ¾".
  2. With the Triangle fold lined up at the TOP of the scoreboard - score at 3¼", flip the triangle over and score again at 3¼" (this will become clear if you watch the video!).


16 comments:

  1. What brilliant use you've made from your 'clean up' sheet of paper and still more left to use as well. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarn this is absolutely brilliant great idea and what a great creation x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Such amazing results with your clean off paper!!! Love so much the way you added interest to the piece, and making pockets to insert little gifts is a really good idea, thanks very much for sharing! Your pocket it's just delicious with that black butterfly silhouette! Lovely tag too!
    I'm also so glad to see that you and me are on the same street with "no waste" any papers (and packaging cardboard, I know) :)
    Hugs, see you on the Playground Tree House!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely intense colours Sarn and what super use of your mop up.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed - too good to waste and what a fabulously imaginative use for it too

    Happy Wednesday to you and your readers

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELL! Aren't you the clever Gal? This is gorgeous, colours, design, and end result. A Super gift packet. Marvellous work Sarn.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've developed a very modern and abstract style in this blog entry. I like the colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only another wonderful background courtesy of your run off sheet, but also a very exciting idea for small gifting! Inspirational my friend! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mixed media inspiration and the pocket paper square is fabulous Sarn, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Sarn. Such a good job you didn’t throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow and double wow … this is completely awesome .. you are so creative and talented. I love it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS .. I could definitely imagine some li’l ATC’s emerging from those snippets 😍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks gorgeous in those vivid designs and colors! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sarn, you clever girl! Fancy turning a run off sheet into something so delightful. Absolutely had to be done - so pretty!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever and it looks so good too, waste not want not!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.