Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Sympathy Cards

Today, I have two sympathy cards to show you. I like to have this type of card readily available when needed, as invariably, you don't feel creative after receiving bad news.

So here's two uber-CAS sympathy cards. The sentiment is by Clearly Besotted and the focal images on each card are from an old Penny Black set (I think?).

I bravely stamped direct to the card front - but I had help from a stamp platform!

The leaf card on the left was stamped entirely in Versafine Clair Twilight ink and the flowers card used SU Gorgeous Grape ink with a black sentiment.

15 comments:

  1. And they turned out so very beautifully too

    All the best

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are lovely cards Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautifully CAS cards Sarn. I, like you, find it really hard to make them when I actually need them, so I usually have a few made up in my card stash. Sadly, I've needed quite a few of them lately, so I probably need to make a few more x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Sarn …I always think sympathy cards should be CAS as anything fussy doesn’t seem right somehow .. and these definitely nail it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the one with grape ink and uplifting white daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These designs are just right for sympathy cards - certainly don't need lots of fussy detail for sad occasions. Simple and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great designs for sympathy cards, CAS is perfect for this sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always the most difficult to make Sarn, but I think these are both spot on. Thanks for giving us a plug.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely cards and such a beautiful design.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Sarn, lovely colours and design. A definite make before the occasion is so much better I agree. Love the stamps.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think simple designs like this are so pretty, Sarn, especially for sympathy cards. And good idea to make a few to keep on hand for those sad times. Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect designs for a sympathy card Sarn and I love the colours you chose. Definitely sending Hygge this week - brrrrr! Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait, what - my comment just went pouf!! These are perfect sympathy cards Sarn. And whatever did we do before proper stamping platforms came along. I do remember using the stamp-a-ma-jig but it still always seemed to be a bit 'off if you needed to re-stamp.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah yes, direct stamping until matting and layering came along ... These are so very suitable for the occasion and the CAS design is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.