Monday, January 17, 2022

Artist Trading Cards - Snippets

Hi there!

Thanks for dropping by.

Up in the new and improved Snippets Playground Treehouse, I've been having inky fun making some Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) from what were originally longer strips of white card, left over from making my own base cards.

The GRAND DRAW RESULTS have been put up, and there's been a little celebratory party going on in the Treehouse over at DI'S SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. There's new bunting in place and lots of comfy chairs, plus an extended bar and some nice new desks for homework too! Vicky H smuggled in some Sherry and leftover Christmas cake in her satchel and Carol L made some flavoured Pretzels, so we've been enjoying ourselves. The Playground swings and roundabouts and the seesaw have all had a lick of paint too!

Want to see the process? If so, read on:

First of all I cut a longer snippet of white card into 2.5" x 3.5" pieces, then sprayed each one separately with a variety of Dylusion Ink Sprays and left them to dry on newspaper.


Next a bit of splattering with my White Dylusions spray. Unfortunately, the sprayer was clogged, so what you see below are splatters done by pulling out the sprayer bit, dipping it in the white ink and flicking it at the ATCs!!!!


Another longer snippet I sprayed for future use.

Longer snippet used to stamp & colour
(see finished ATCs above)


I ended up adding some text to the eye ATC - which finished it off nicely:

I had a lovely time making these little cards over a few days.

Wishing you a wonderfully creative day.

16 comments:

  1. These are great! I have not used my Dylusions for such a long time, thanks for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, sounds a bit messy but fun...what colour is the tree house now you have finished?..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea your so creative and the tutorial is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing ATC's with your lovely backgrounds! Sounds like I missed a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this post is a feast for the eyes, GREAT use of snippets and lovely makes too

    Happy Monday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the effect of the sprayed on backgrounds. The little house and the eye are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous little works of art Sarn, they are stunning, and all using snippets of card!
    I’m off to grab a desk in the treehouse, I seriously need some playtime xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all super and a great way of using up those pesky strips of white card. I can see that you must have really enjoyed making these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantaastic Sarn, I love the colours you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous burst of vibrance Sarn, lovely mini works of art. I was listening to something yesterday and they were talking up ATC coming back into fashion big time.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome to see your process! Gorgeous cards - all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun post and what fabulous and eye catching creations. Loved the splats, love the vibrant colours and loving these ATC's x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these. Tiny pieces of inky art. It's interesting to focus all the detail into a small area. Another must try. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh Sarn, these are absolutely fabulous. Wonderful designs and such vibrant colours.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sarn! Just WOW! What amazing pieces of art these are - and I love your new splattering technique (which could belong to Darnell's 'Squeeze the Nuvo Drop bottle a bit hard to get it unstuck and get an arty new sweatshirt' school of techniques!! They are quite bright for me... nobody told me that sherry was quite alcoohooo er I mean strong! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness--such gorgeous pieces just with the spraying done! Love all your creative ATCs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.