Sunday, January 09, 2022

NEW BLOG FOR THE SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND!

WOOT WOOT!

You may already have seen Di's blog post about the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND having a NEW HOME - a blog space all of its own. But if not - GO TAKE A LOOK HERE. She has a lovely prize on offer to launch the new blog.

I'll be causing mayhem up in the new and improved Playground Treehouse, just as soon as possible!

I've made card full of snippets. I got the Balcony Card idea from Lesley's Stampin' Ground HERE and thought it would make a lovely card for a 90th birthday.

I had lots of white snippets to die cut from, so I decided that was the only other "colour" I was adding to the Wisteria Wonder DSP and Pool Party matting.

Only the 6" x 6" card base was cut from a whole sheet of A4 white card - everything else is a snippet

A card full of snippets!

The measurements:

White card base: 6" x 6" (scored in half).
Decorate with designer paper BEFORE gluing the balconies on!

White inside (middle) piece: 5" x 2.5" (scored @ 0.5"; 2.5" and 4.5").
Flatten the card base and attach this piece to the bottom of the card base by gluing the little side tabs (or do what I did and move this middle piece UP A BIT for extra height)
.

White bottom piece: 7" x 1.5" (scored @ 0.5"; 3.5" and 6.5"). 
Flatten the card base and attach this strip to the bottom of the card by gluing the little side tabs. 

  • The left and right hand sides of the two balcony pieces were decorated with strips of Pool Party card and Wisteria Wonder SU designer paper BEFORE gluing to the card base. 
  • I lined up each balcony with the centre scoreline of the card base. 
  • Add all the die-cut and punched flowers AFTER you've constructed the card with its balconies!

16 comments:

  1. What a glorious confection of snippets it is too! You have way more patience than I do! I've nipped across to the new playground blog and am following .... will be grabbing my lunchbox and heading back soon too!

    Happy Sunday to you

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Sarn and great use of snippets too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and lots of lovely snippets used. Thanks for the instructions too, always handy to know how these fancy folds are put together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Sarn, oh this is truly lovely great use of snippets too enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do like a bit of dimension Sarn, this is a real beauty. I've been waiting for the new link to add to my sidebar, will do in forthwith.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Sarn, great use of those snippets and lovely colours too...see you later! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just stopped by to make sure that you're not getting up to any mischief in your new play house;) A beautiful card and definitely lots of snippets there Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! that is one impressive card, such fabulous details, I should think the lady concerned was over the moon.
    Now you try and behave in the playground, don't go falling too often, those bottles break!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fun fold card! I like the new playground!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing is for certain, you hadn't sampled any of the treehouse hooch before making this detailed beauty, but if we're celebrating a ninetieth birthday I'll join you at the top and will bring sherry and the last of the Christmas shortbread in my satchel! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card Sarn, absolutely stunning! Looking forward to more fun in the Playground Treehouse this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one outstanding and amazing birthday card! You've outdone yourself with this beauty and way to use up all those white snippets too! I'm making some flavored pretzels to bring to the treehouse so we can eat, drink, and be merry -----er..um....be-HAVE! (NOT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sarn this is a cracker, I do love a fancy fold, and this is perfect, from a lady with a LOVELY name :)
    The recipient will be bowled over to receive this…..well, as long as there’s a comfy chair to break the fall.
    Talking of which, I’ve heard a rumour there’s a new comfy chair in the treehouse, so I’m rushing off to try it out, and hopefully catch Vicky with the Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is striking, unique and so eye catching. Great design and great use of all those snippets x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh Sarn, bad me for not getting here sooner. What a fabulous card and such a clever fold as well as positively oddles of snippets used. My word, your blog is the place to find out what's going on in the tree house! You never DID tell me when the bar was installed.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card, Sarn--so beautifully crafted! Hoping to get up to the Playhouse soon & relax in the comfy chair you're saving for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.