Hello & welcome!
It's 8am on Saturday, which means it's time for a new ALLSORTS CHALLENGE.
I'm delighted to reveal that I've joined the Allsorts Design Team for a while and this is my inaugural post as a team member!
It's Lolo's turn to host the challenge and she's chosen EMBELLISH IT as the theme - which leaves you plenty of scope to add all manner of bits and bobs to your projects!
I made a little pocket wallet and filled it with paper treasures. I embellished the front of the wallet as well as the bookmark that was inserted into one of the pockets.
So, why not head over to the ALLSORTS Challenge HERE to see further details on how to enter. You can also gaze in wonder at the lovely creations made by my talented team mates!
![]() |
| The folded & embellished pocket project |
![]() |
| The finished project |
![]() |
| Close up of the paper treasures that were inserted into the pockets! |
To create this project:
I followed instructions from HERE.
I took a thin A4 sheet of white card and used a brayer to randomly apply acrylic paints across it on both sides. Once dry, I stuck some tiny pieces of newspaper to it with Mod Podge. Then added a little bit of stamping as well as scraping Gesso through a tiny dots stencil. The sheet was then folded up and red liner taper was used to stick the bottom edge together. Die cut embellishments were then added to the front.
While the main pocket wallet was drying, I made the enclosures by merrily brayering paint and adding stamping to more snippets of white card. I heat embossed images with clear EP and also doodled with a white gel pen. Added snippets of black card for the matting. I even used some ribbon on the bookmark!



I like the idea of little "treasures" in your wallet, it's a lovely creation and something a little different.
ReplyDeleteA perfect creation for your joining piece, thank you and welcome to the team Sarn, we are very happy to have you with us.
B x
You've certainly gone to town with the embellishments on this super project - love it
ReplyDeleteFabulous project!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the team;-))m
Welcome to the Allsorts team Sarn .. great to have you with us (from a fellow newbie😀). Wow I love this project .. the concept is so imaginative and beautifully executed, and it showcases so many techniques. Love it x
ReplyDeletePauline x
A fantastic make Sarn, congrats on becomeing a DT member for Allsorts.
ReplyDeleteSue xx
Congrats on your DT slot ! And what a great make to start with. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Sarn I finally managed to find your blog and what a wonderful site it is talking of wonderful your creation for the challenge is awesome a brilliant project the colours and images you have used for the bookmarks are gorgeous a fabulous make
ReplyDeletehugs
lorraine x
WOW! Sarn, what an amazing project, I love the colours and the gorgeous designs on the tags. Fabulous.
ReplyDeleteCongratulation on your well deserved DT
Faith x
Very modern and I like the purple tones. An envelope of paper treasures!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the DT!
ReplyDeleteThis is a fabulous make, just love the colours you used. and thanks for adding the link to the instructions.
BTW your comment on my last post had me howling in laughter! I think you will need a heavy ballast for the seesaw though!
L x
CONGRATULATIONS on your DT slot, your make is totally FAB-u-LOUS as well as being a great colour scheme matey
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday
Kathyk
Many concratulations on you new DT post. Your pocket wallet is fabulous. A very handy thing to have and I love your colours too x
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Sarn, what a fabulous wallet! So much work and thought went into it - a perfect result. And you even used some ribbon too! Well done on joining the Allsorts Design Team - well deserved, although B perhaps doesn't know the extent of your little antics in the Playground. I suppose you've have to act all grown up on a DT :) Runs and hides!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Congrats Sarn on joining the Allsorts team-you are a great addition! You wallet and its contents are amazing-great premier project!
ReplyDeleteLove the wallet and bookmarks you made! Such works of art! I always struggle with the brayer so I haven't used mine in many years! Maybe I need to try it with acrylic paints instead of ink.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to Allsorts!
Congrats on your DT spot, well done! Love this wallet with all those wonderful and fun inserts to look at! Great project!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous creation, Sarn! Congratulations on joining the Allsorts DT. xx
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the team Sarn, I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.
ReplyDeleteA fabulous gift pocket card with beautiful stamping and design.
Lorraine
What a great idea Sarn and I love the colours and the four pretty creations placed within the beautifully decorated wallet. Congratulations on joining the Allsorts DT. x
ReplyDeleteOh wow what a fabulous pocket full of awesomeness! Congrats on your design team posting! Xxx
ReplyDeleteWelcome to our team and yourpocket is gorgeous xxx
ReplyDelete