Sunday, September 07, 2025

Sunday Snippets - handbags at dawn!

Hi Playmates!

I have published RESULTS from the previous challenge, so please hop over to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND to admire the top picks and discover which lucky playmate won the prize. There's still nearly a week left to play in the current challenge if you haven't already done so.

I used just two snippets on the card below, but I hope you agree they make a great focal point.

Card measures 5" square

Details:

  • Handbag stamp - bought from eBay yonks ago and looks to be handmade and therefore unbranded.; Image coloured with Distress Ink.
  • Snippet of yellow card, die cut with a Heffy Doodle Stitched Square die.
  • A Sweet Huni "glossies" self-adhesive gem for flower centre.
  • Uniko sentiment.
White snippets, stamped, coloured
and cut out with scissors.

As you can see from the above photo, I stamped a few handbags onto a larger white snippet and then watercoloured each one before cutting it out. Here's another card that I used one of the yellow bags on:

Card measures 5" square

Details:

  • Background stamps from various sets by Kaisercraft; Studio Light and Bee Crafty - stamped in Misty Moonlight SU ink.
  • Unbranded handbag stamp coloured with Distress Ink.
  • Light blue self-adhesive gem used on flower centre.
  • Snippet of SU Misty Moonlight card die cut with a Spellbinders circle die.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, handbag is so cute, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet handbag cards, with gems! I like the simple yellow one, and also the blue with the background 🤔 even tho it scrambled my brain 😂xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish. I like the extra contrast and details on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fantastic use of a small stamp and die cut shapes. A great focal point indeed and I love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both of them, I'm drawn to the CAS of the first AND the grunge of the second - cracking job, Sarn

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do indeed Sarn, just proves little really can be more.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both beautiful CAS cards and love the little water coloured handbags.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The handbag is such a fun stamp and a perfect focal point. Both cards are gorgeous but I especially love the first very CAS style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarn! Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous - love the handbag, so versatile!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning as always your hand bag stamp is amazing beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These really are adorable Sarn and make a very funky centrepiece on your cards. Both are gorgeous but I particularly love the composition with the background stamping on the second one xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liebe Sarn,

    Deine beiden Karten schauen wundervoll aus, diese kleine und so wunderbar von Dir colorierten Täschchen schauen entzückend aus, damit zauberst Du bestimmt noch weitere schöne Karten.

    Begeisterte Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.