Monday, August 04, 2025

Crossing Bridges!

I've made an ATC using a much-loved and very old (2005) wooden Penny Black stamp.

My wooden stamps now live in a drawer out of sight and out of mind(!), whereas they used to be proudly displayed on shelving and were more accessible! However, Lesley G has been playing with her wooden stamps and she inspired me to play with mine - cheers Lesley!

ATC (2.5" x 3.5")

Details:

  • "Crossing Bridges" stamp by Penny Black (3206J)
  • Sentiment made up from two different stamp sets, masked with Washi tape & then inked up. The "Amazing" word is by Aall & Create and the other part possibly comes from a Studio Light set, but it has been cut off from a larger stamp and I can't remember the details.
  • Everything was stamped with SU Chocolate Chip ink and coloured in with watercolour pencils and a waterbrush.
  • A gold Sakura Pen Touch Calligraphy pen was added around the outside edges of the ATC (yes Di, that pen is still going strong!).
I would like to enter this ATC into the following challenges:
  1. Allsorts - Challenge 829 where the theme is ANIMALS (or AG). (Ends 29th August)
  2. Tag-Along & ATCs - August challenge, where the theme is TRAVEL (or AG). I don't have many travel stamps, so I had to think outside the box - bear with me - the stamp is called "Crossing Bridges" and I thought that might count(?) . . . plus the little mouse is travelling across the branch . . . so that might count? Anyway, if that's too obscure, it can always be entered under the Anything Goes option! (Ends 28th August)
  3. We Love Stamping - August challenge, where the theme is FLOWERS (or AG). The mouse is holding a flower and there are blooms either end of the branch "tightrope!". (Ends 3rd Sept)

20 comments:

  1. I've been attempting much the same the last month or two, so many PB tucked away in drawers and not seeing the light of day, I still love wood block stamps especially PB ones which are such good quality.

    I am confident your little fellow is on his travels somewhere, after all a trip across a garden or field when your that size is travel. Lovely to see you at Allsorts, Tag-along (and ATC''s) and We Love Stamping, thanks for much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful make and super colouring matey ... you could always enter it for the Penny Black Saturday ATG challenge too ... if you wanted to

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute ATC Sarn - love that stamp. Like you I now have my wooden stamps in a drawer which means I forget about them a lot of the time. You can’t go wrong with a vintage OB critter though … I have that one as well and I think o need to look out him and some of his fellow PB creatures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased to see that you've brought this charming mouse out of hiding to feature on this fab ATC and he's perfect for the Allsorts theme of animals so thank you for sharing him with us. I'm sure his possibly perilous journey across this floral tightrope will be classed as 'travel' by the folks on the Tag-along challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ATC-love the cute image and delicate colouring.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super ATC Sarn, such an adorable image. My wooden stamps are packed away in boxes and only occasionally come out. I really ought to use them more. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh was für eine zauberhafte ATC, liebe Sarn. Sowas von knuffig, ich liebe dieses Penny Black Motive ...

    Herzliche Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable image, I love your delicately coloured ATC, and thanks for the mention xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so wonderful! Love your coloring!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and adorable stamp Sarn lovely colouring too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute ATC, love the stamp! I have far too many neglected stamps -wood backed and other... xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a happy little mouse, and again, exceptional colouring, I need to practice , practice, practice xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great thinking outside the box with this cute stamp. It also fits perfectly onto your ATC and looks lovely. I too have a lot of wooden PBs hidden away. Trouble is I go looking, think "oh, I could use that" next thing I know my desk is full of "things to be used" lol!. Thanks for sharing with us at Tag-along (and ATC's).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable image and nice coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's absolutely adorable Sarn and beautifully coloured. I spend so much time hunting through my storage to find a certain stamp. Usually find a different one that attracts my attention lol. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tag-along (and ATCs).
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  16. AW! What a delightful and happy mouse on his way to present a flower to someone with love. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Utterly delightful Sarn - one of my fave PB images! AND, the gold edging is a lovely touch - always a really neat trick.
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping too with this beauty Sarn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cute mouse on this PB stamp and beautifully watercoloured Sarn...a wonderful ATC. I have a few wood mounted ones I was lucky enough to win way back and decided to take them off the wooden mounts as they were taking up too much room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.