Sunday, December 22, 2024

Sunday Snippets - it's party time!

Hi Playmates!

There's a new challenge to play along with over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND hosted by Miss Di for the next fortnight, where, once again, there will be FOUR lucky prize winners picked out at random at the end of it. Results will be posted on 12th January 2025.

I made a festive gift wallet for my homework and put a voucher inside, but it also fits a bar of chocolate (just saying!). 

Gift wallet (fits chocolate bar!)

My snippets

This is the template I made and used for the gift wallet - just in case anyone needs one!

Snippets Playground Round up!

The Playground Christmas party is being held in the school hall on Christmas Eve. Thanks to all the playmates who have been taking it in turns to make long paper chains and blow up balloons to decorate the hall. 

Di and I have been busy putting out tables and chairs and making sure there are plenty of twinkling lights about the place - plus we dragged in a huge Christmas tree and decorated it. The dinner ladies have been busy making party food and drink - including a massive bowl of punch (which I might just have to "spice up" a little)! Dudley is going to be DJ for the night and Di says she'll be leading a Conga at some point! All are welcome to enjoy the festivities, so let's eat, drink and be merry!

As this is likely to be my last post before Christmas, I wish all my blog readers, old and new, a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. 

19 comments:

  1. FABulous gift wallet, very versatile design which you could easily adapt to many occasions.

    Looking forward to the part in the school hall ... and some of that punch! It'll be CONGA-licious!

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea to surprise someone with a chocolate bar inside this money envelope! LOL It turned out beautiful for giving whatever you choose inside. Looking forward to all of the party antics about to come to life, and I can't wait to see that conga line LOL Have yourself a merry little Christmas too and a better new year than the previous one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wallet, that sentiment die is gorgeous. Thanks for organising the party, I love a conga! Merry Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine wunderschöne Geschenkverpackung, liebe Sarn. Sie schaut so herrlich edel aus, der Schriftzug hat eine wunderbare Wirkung.

    Eine zauberhafte Vorweihnachtszeit
    wünscht Dir
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. An elegant gift wallet - love it. Sounds as if Christmas in the Playground is going to be Merry, especially if you're planning to spice up the punch 🤣. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Crafty New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your all putting me to shame with these lovely gift wallets, my vouchers ended up in envies! Happy Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gift wallet Sarn, very pretty. Sounds like it’s going to be some Christmas party to round off a fantastic year for the Playground. Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea making Money Wallets and the paper used is gorgeous so Christmassy, just has a glass of bubbly and a mince pie see you at the playground and a Merry Christmas to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely gift wallet Sarn.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super, little project, perfect for those Christmas money/card gifts. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project, Sarn. Lovely idea to make it into a box for a bar of chocolate.

    Looking forward to the Christmas Eve party. Sounds like it’s going to be a fun evening, I’ll bring the conga music for Di. Joining in will bring back memories of leading 75 Reception children round the school hall every Christmas when I was teaching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sarn! What a delightful money, or chokkie bar, wallet this is! Such a pretty shade of blue and of course the always lovely sentiment is just so perfect. That die is certainly a keeper! I hope you're gonna clear up after the party BTW? We'll help and then we 'adults' - ha, that cracks me up - can all sleep off the punch whilst Dudley keeps watch!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipe for the wallet!
    It's fabulous!
    The Christmas party sounds fun!
    I'll be there with my party pants on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  14. Hi Miss Sarn, a fabulous gift card and chocky box, I started making templates with measurements using cereal boxes, easy to trace onto cardstock and add the fold lines. I will be happy to join the party and some fresh cherries will be pack and hopefully not confiscated by customs... Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, have a gold star for your homework Sarn! I have my sparkly top ready for the Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's the perfect cover for a delicious bar of chocolate Sarn and thank you for giving us the template and instructions. Sorry I couldn't be at the party but hope you all had a wonderful time...hope the punch was extra tasty, if you know what I mean..lol. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and I look forward to more playground fun during the coming year. Thank you for your contributions to the smooth running of the playground too. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you had a lovely Christmas, Sarn! What a creative and beautiful "wallet" for gift giving--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarn, your festive gift wallet is absolutely delightful! The idea of fitting a chocolate bar inside is so creative and adds a fun twist. The template you provided is incredibly helpful, and the design is perfect for the holiday season. Thank you for sharing this wonderful project with us, and I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.