Hi there!
Over at ALLSORTS, there's a nice easy theme to kick off the new fortnightly challenges. Sarah wants to see us using our dies (or there's always the Anything Goes option). There are some new DT members to visit and there's a brand new blog header to see! All change!
I was happy to comply with the theme, so I used up a piece from a masterboard I recently made, then added two die cuts to complete the card.
| Card measures: 4.75" x 4.75" |
| The only snippets I remembered to take a picture of! |
Materials:
Masterboard snippet. I made the masterboard by scribbling a white Crayola wax crayon all over some white card, then added various Distress Inks over the top using a craft brush. The white crayon areas resist the inks leaving a nice effect. The original sheet of card was A4 but I've used up lots of it.
As this portion of the masterboard was purple, I used a purple mount (larger snippet) and die cut some smaller snippets of the same cardstock for the word "friend" (from Heffy Doodle - no longer in business) and the little bird on a branch (from The Works - discontinued).
It's Winter Solstice today - happy Midwinter everyone - longer days and shorter nights are on their way!
Great use of some of your masterboard and dies to make this lovely card. Thanks for joining in at Allsorts
ReplyDeleteAren't you the early bird Sarn and with a really pretty share, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts. Wishing you a Happy Christmas.
ReplyDeleteB x
It was already made, and as it complied with your theme, I just had to blog it! x
DeleteBeautiful vibrant card Sarn, love the master board background, the gorgeous vibrant colour and the bird die which is really beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteFab make, gorgeous colour and loving the deployment of the wax crayon too
ReplyDeleteHappy Solstice
Kathyk
Sarn, your Purple Pal card is absolutely stunning! The masterboard background with the white crayon resist technique creates such a beautiful effect. I love how you've used the die cuts to add dimension and interest to the card. The vibrant purple color is so eye-catching and perfect for the theme. Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiring us with your gorgeous card. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteI love your card Sarn, especially as purple is one of my favourite colours!
ReplyDeleteKath x
Beautiful card Sarn with your master board piece and die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Donna
ReplyDeleteWhat’s not to like! One of my favourite colours, an interesting technique, and a fabulous result! You’ve also prompted me to rummage through the recycling box for loads of snippets from a recent die cutting session, that will fit nicely two of my favourite challenges, and I forgot to photograph!
ReplyDeleteSarn you card is lovely l really like the Purple x
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
While I'm here, I'd like to Thank You for joining us at Allsorts!
Since purple is my favorite color, this card just floats my boat! It's gorgeous Sarn, really beautifully crafted!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful Sarn, love the CAS feel with the wonderful Distress/crayola snippet you created. Love love love this!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
Merry Christmas!!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner
ooh my fav colour and it's a wonderful CAS design. Great use of the masterboard too. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete