Hi Playmates!
There's a new challenge to play along with over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND hosted by Miss Di for the next fortnight.
Here's my homework - a Ruby Wedding Anniversary card using the eclipse technique.
![]() |
| 5.75" square card base |
![]() |
| A close up of the eclipse technique |
![]() |
| My white snippets |
In the Playground, we've all been enjoying the rounds of conkers without the interference of health & safety, and so far, apart from a few rapped knuckles, there have been no serious injuries! Vicky even taped marshmallows to her hands to prevent rapped knuckles! It's been fun meeting up in the treehouse afterwards for hot chocolate. Current champion is Lesley G - who appears to have had some advice from Miss Di on how to harden her best conker with vinegar! Hmmm!
Card materials:
- Heffy Doodle Stitched Square dies (for the 2 main panels)
- Julie Hickey number and ordinal dies (for the eclipse technique)
- White card snippets (for die cutting)
- Aall & Create #565 Wildflower stamp set, stamped in SU Sahara Sand ink onto main panel.
- Aall & Create #896 Forget Me Not stamp set. My cut-down heart was stamped over the clock image using SU Rich Razzleberry ink. I then stamped the heart again onto copy paper, cut it out and glued it over the top.
PS: Meet you at the Snippets Playground gates on Hallowe'en - Thursday, 31st Oct - to go trick or treating in the neighbourhood. Costumes on and candy bags at the ready!



Nice eclipse card!
ReplyDeleteLovely Anniversary card!
That's really effective Sarn, both the combination of stamps which work well together in the different colours and the eclipse technique numbers.
ReplyDeleteB x
Wow! This is just beautiful work Sarn, such a romantic feel, with the added dimension of the heart and eclipse, just gorgeous. I’ve had a tooth extraction, so I’ll have to step down from the conker competition, as I don’t want to risk hitting myself in the face 🙄. Plus I may have had an unfair advantage 😂😉xxx
ReplyDeleteP.s. healing nicely though 😷
DeleteThat's a brilliant take on the eclipse technique - very clever layout idea and great choice of stamps.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me about the tip for conkers!!
ReplyDeleteYour eclipse card is glorious, Sarn - Happy Snippet Day
Kathyk
Your eclipse technique looks so pretty on this great card. I'm going to have to look up conkers because this is new to me but it sounds like fun until the knuckles get scuffed! LOL
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful card and stamps, love the eclipse technique.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Absolutely love this Darn, it is so artistic and stylish and the colour combo is wonderful. I love the eclipse technique … I just need some suitable dies to try it !! xx
ReplyDeleteOops … typing slip … I do know your name isn’t Darn I swear !!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful and beautiful design Sarn, I love the eclipse technique. Love the stamps and colours. Wishing you all a Super Duper creepy time at the Playground. Sorry, I will have to pass on the visit, I can't climb the tree. But look out, I am getting better every day, so I may be there and surprise you all with a creepy Boo. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Sarn! What a stunning 40th nniversary card - I absolutely LOVE it. Great use of snippets and the heart really sings to me. I love thqt you were brave and trimmed it to suit. Perfect use of the eclipse technique as well! Happy Snippets Sunday.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Wonderful anniversary card Sarn, a fabulous design.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Fabulous anniversary card, nice personalization with the number of years!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely design and the colours you used work so well for the technique too. See you at the gates on Thursday hopefully you will have your happy post by then too! L x
ReplyDeleteThat's gorgeous Sarn, love the subtle colourway on this special card x
ReplyDeleteOh wow Sarn what a stunning card the as always a good use of snippets and technique you use great background with the numbers and your 3D effect on the 40th great all round card just love it x
ReplyDeleteWow, Sarn! Your Ruby Wedding Anniversary card is absolutely stunning. The eclipse technique adds such a beautiful dimension, and the color combination is perfect. I love how you used the Wildflower and Forget Me Not stamp sets. Truly inspiring work! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment and hope you visit me again.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous work Sarn! The eclipse technique was an inspired choice to make a special occasion card even more special. Hugs, Vicky xxx
ReplyDeletePS. I don't really recommend marshmallows taped over the knuckles unless you're a fan of mega stickiness!
So beautiful Sarn, I love your design.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Anke