Sunday, October 06, 2024

Sunday Snippets - Elegant Writer Pen

Hi Playmates!

It's results week over in the Snippets Playground, so why not nip over there to see who got showcased and who the lucky prize winner is?

I put my Speedball Elegant Writer pen (silver case 1.3 nib) into my satchel this week and during Art Class I stamped and coloured these flowers, then made them into cards.

Left hand card is DL size.
The right hand card was custom made to fit the image and measures: 3.25" x 5.5"

MATERIALS:

  • White snippets for stamping on and black snippets for matting.
  • Visible image flower image from Creative Chaos set stamped with Versamark Ink, sprinkled with black embossing powder and heat set.
  • Coloured with ink from the Speedball Elegant Writer pen. I scribbled the pen on a non-stick surface and used a waterbrush to pick up the ink and add to the flower image, diluting the ink and dabbing some of it off as I went, in order to achieve different depths and colour splits. I gave the sympathy card a light wash of the ink in the background.
  • I also used the EW pen to add a squiggle at the bottom of the flower to ground it. 

The pen is great fun to experiment with. I bought mine from an online store beginning with A. There is a link on the GO7 blog page (see HERE) plus lots of info on the pen - and further examples. If you want a UK link to buy a pen see HERE.

It's nearly CONKER time . . . so, as mentioned by Brenda . . . we ought to go conker hunting don't you think? xxx

19 comments:

  1. So my hunch was correct and we are having a conker hunt, what fun!

    Elegant cards Sarn, I keep reading about these elegant writers, will have to check them out.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effects you’ve created with your pen, very sophisticated xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of elegant cards using this elegant pen and what a great idea to scribble the ink and apply using a brush. Why didn't I think of that - must give it a try 😉. Hope we can bypass 'elf and safety' for a game of conkers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Sarn - love the use of the EW pen.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Sarn and the pens are amazing what a great effect that you have created, conkers my grandchildren love collecting them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish cards Sarn with great shading that gives real depth. I’ve not heard of the Elegant writer own, I must check it out!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both beautiful sympathy cards and love the beautiful flower stamp and delicate colouring-never heard of an Elegant writer pen.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of the EW pen but your coloring with it turned out fantastic! I absolutely love both of these flower cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow it's easier to make a sympathy card when you don't have an immediate need and your card is a cracking make, as is the custom card - very muted and elegant

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Sarn - these are absolutely stunning. All the more so when you used that brilliant EW pen so artisticaly. We wrote about this pen previously and, hunt as I may, can't find it on the A site at all - or anywhere else in the UK for that matter. Maybe my search terms are wrong - I dunno. Happy Snippets Sunday!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrub that about the pen - of course it's there on A. Just not a shiny silver case, more like a grey! I really should pay more attention in class! Dumbo here strikes again xxx

      Delete
    2. I’ve added a UK link for the pen to my blog post now - in case anyone else wants to try it out! I’m not on commission either!! X

      Delete
  11. Have never heard of these pens but I love the effect you achieved using it on these beautiful cards- fabulous stamp too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Wondering if you have a camera in my craft room as I have just done the same technique but with the bold botanical stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well don’t blog yours or I will HAVE to buy that set!!!! 🤣

      Delete
  13. Fabulous card, Sarn. It looks like a fun technique with the pen. Is this something else I NEED? 🤔
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so striking and great for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This VI flower is one I have always admired, and every time I see it used I feel it calling to me..lol., and great use of the Elegant Writer Pen Sarn which works brilliantly with it, and two very pretty cards made, with the first a sympathy card which works well. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards with that A pen; can't find mine. Sigh.
    P.S. what's a conker?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.