Sunday, November 10, 2024

Sunday Snippets - Whimsical Fairies!

Hi there Playmates!

Bonfire night in the Snippets Playground went well and everyone had a good time keeping warm by the bonfire, eating jacket potatoes and slurping from mugs of soup. 

Today I have a whimsical card made after experimenting with Distress Oxide inks on a gelli plate.

INFO:

  • Blue and Orange Distress Oxide pads swiped on circular gelli plate then brayered to blend.
  • A piece of packaging, that had been dry embossed with a cog embossing folder, was then dabbed lightly on top of the gelli plate to add an impression into the ink. I then spritzed the gelli plate with water before pulling a print using 300gsm white card.
  • Once the print was dry, I stamped various Lavinia stamps over it using VFC Twilight ink before die cutting with stitched circle dies by The Works. Lavinia stamps used: Flower Fairy; Butterflies and one of the Fairy Foragers. The Believe word is from a Tracy Evans set for Aall & Create.
  • Also cut a mat for the stitched circle using a Heffy Doodle Circle Frames die and SU Misty Moonlight card.
  • SU Misty Moonlight ink was brushed onto the card front in opposing corners using a craft "make-up" brush and a TCW stencil (#424 Modern Spirals).

Why not take a look at your snippets pile, pull out a few bits and see what you can make? Then come over to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND - there's a lovely prize on offer - or you can just play for fun.

16 comments:

  1. What a stunningly beautiful creation Sarn,🤩. I read with interest the steps, and wonder if we will see the altered packaging piece at some point 🧐🤔 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only my experiments turned out this well Sarn , a truly magical creation using your Lavinia goodies.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and I love the effect you've achieved with the shaded stencilling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sarn, what a brilliant idea to use an embossing folder print with your gel press, I never would have thought of that but need to consider it now! I love how the gel print turned out, and your corner stencilling looks really dimensional - love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and focal circle with the beautiful stamps and great gelli print background, love the stencilled corners too.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image is lovely to start with but adding the gelli plate swirls to the background really added a lovely touch. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarn - this is gorgeous! Fascinating to read how you did the background!! Such a pretty scene as well. Pure magic!
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, Sarn. Just read how you do the background with recycled packaging. Very clever!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarn
    A truly beautiful finished creation - love your colour choices very much.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful scene and love the sweet Lavinia fairies and various other stamps of theirs Sarn, and what a great idea to use bits of packaging you have dry embossed to make interesting backgrounds with, and I love the TCW Modern Spirals stencil in opposite corners which finishes it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really magical scene. Great idea to use packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sarn what a stunning card the stamp is amazing and the corners beautifully done just gorgeous as always x

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely stunning, I love your design and Lavinia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your whimsical fairy card is absolutely stunning! The way you used the Distress Oxide inks on the geli plate to create that beautiful background is so creative. I love the added texture from the embossed packaging and the Lavinia stamps are just perfect. The stenciled corners add such a lovely dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. I love the colours of the print x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning Sarn, fantastic art.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.