Hi Playmates!
In my satchel this week, I have my big skipping rope so we can skip in and out of it while singing rhymes! It also contains my homework.
I have really enjoyed playing with this AALL & Create 'Om Dee' stamp set with the witty accompanying sentiments.
This time, I stamped Dee twice . . . once straight onto the white square snippet, and again on an even smaller white snippet, so that I could cut her out and add her over the top of the diamond flooring I gave her to exercise on!
I stamped the sentiment top left and added the scissor-cut Dee over the top using foam pads for dimension. Before gluing the image panel to its pink mount, I roughed up the edges - just because I could!
Materials:
- Snippets: White pieces of card for central panel, plus extra to stamp Dee on again; pink panel (recycled from a shop-bought birthday card);
- Stamps: AALL & Create's 'Om Dee' stamp set #764 for figure and words; very old grungy diamonds stamp for flooring (details long forgotten!);
- Tools: Edges roughened with a Tim Holtz distressing tool.
I'm hosting a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight. So why not take a look at your pile of snippets (I KNOW you have some), make something with them, then come and play!
For another card example I made using the 'Om Dee' stamp set, see HERE.

Hi Sarn, a fun card and love the sentiment, the floor looks great. Have a wonderful week... Megan
ReplyDeleteNot coming skipping, it's raining! Miss Dee is fun on your card.
ReplyDeleteB x
Great card Sarn, so funny, and the floor is perfect for her yoga. Fabulous prize over at the playground, and I have great memories of skipping the big rope, so I’ll definitely pop over to play! Xxx
ReplyDeleteWell this one made me smile this morning and of course I had to check back to the previous card using this image. Both cards ae such fun, love that you roughed up the edges 'cos you could 😊. Off to join in with the skipping tournament
ReplyDeletel can see from the card you enjoyed making it the image is cute and the sentiment is just me all over enjoy your day l will join you for a play in the snippets garden x
ReplyDeleteLove this Darn, it is so much fun and so apt for ladies if a certain age, shall we say!! I love how you have popped Dee up on foam so she can sit on that brilliant patterned floor you have created for her!
ReplyDeletePauline xx
That's why I don't do floor exercises lol! It's a fab card and so different from the last one too.
ReplyDeleteDavvero divertente Sarn, mi consola sapere che non sono l'unica che non riesce più ad alzarsi dal pavimento! :D LOL
ReplyDeleteHai ritagliato a mano Dee così bene, io faccio sempre pasticci sia con le forbici che con il cutter! Il pavimento è perfetto, credevo che facesse parte del timbro! I bordi leggermente strappati aggiungono interesse, è una card bellissima!
Buona Domenica!
This card is so much fun and reminds me of how much fun it once was to sit on the floor or get down to do exercises. LOL This is really cute with a great sentiment that just makes me snicker. I will pass on the skipping rope and settle into the nice rocking chair while singing rhymes if that's OK with you? LOL
ReplyDeleteFine by me!!! X
DeleteBrilliant card, Sarn!
ReplyDeleteI started yoga classes 2 years ago and can relate. 😁
After certain exercises I need to straighten my legs one by one before moving on the the next exercise/posture. But hey, I love the yoga classes and I'm doing it just for me.
Marianne x
I love yoga and surely some days it feels like that LOL. Love how this turned out!
ReplyDeleteA fabulous fun card Sarn - that's what I looked like this morning after my class at the gym!
ReplyDeleteKath x
A really great card Sarn, using such a fun stamp set. I Love the mat you did, clever!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
A fabulous card, love the image and sentiment, I can certainly relate :)
ReplyDeleteLorraine
Fabulous card Sarn, I love the sentiment and your floor looks great.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely made me chuckle, Sarn! Wonderful card! Not up to skipping rope just yet, but you all have fun!
ReplyDeleteLove this fun card Sarn - Dee always gives me a chuckle! You are very clever to have created the tiled floor with your diamonds stamp! Hope you are having a lovely bank holiday weekend! Vicky x
ReplyDelete