Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Pussycat card

I saw on Alice's blog that it is the 100th Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge. The challenge is now run by Fiki, but was originally run by my friend, the late Sue (Ike). Cannot believe it's over 2 years since she died. I'm sure she's running a cat sanctuary in the sky!

5.5" x 5.5" card

Card Details:

  • 5.5" square card blank.
  • Flower stamp: #986 set by AALL & Create
  • Penny Black cat stamp from an old clear stamp set - details unknown.
  • Sentiment - very old - can't remember its details.
  • Images coloured with watercolour pencils & a waterbrush. Same used for splatters.
  • White snippet used for stamping, mounted onto a purple snippet of card.

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Sarn! I'm still working on my card for this challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a perfect card. I miss Ike too.
    Crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and cute image.Wow can't believe it's that long!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Sarn, non conoscevo Ike (Sue), ma sono sicura che era una bella persona perché è ancora ricordata da tante crafters! Sono contenta di averti fatto sapere del 100 challenge, così hai potuto fare una stupenda card in suo onore. Il gatto di PB è delizioso abbinato al fiore AALL&Create! Una card molto dolce, credo che Ike da lassù sorriderà.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sarn this is absolutely adorable and cute what a delightful image of the pussy cat I love it
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, great flowers and darling cat! Like the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarn what a wonderful card the image is cute love the colouring with watercolours great choice of colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Sarn this is brilliant, I absolutely love how you have combined the vintage/grungy flower with the cute PB cat … I’d never of thought of such a combo but it’s genius!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cut Cat card Sarn and perfect how you combined the stamps.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pawsitively gorgeous card. It’s so nice that Sue’s blog was carried on by a friend, she must have been a very special person. I like how you combined the cat purrfectly with that flower and gently coloured it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect combination using your favourite grunge flower with the adorable PB kitty - such a clever bit of thinking. Love it 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a precious little birthday card with the Kitty and pink flowers. I love the simplicity of it with the CAS look. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Sarn, you've matched each element so beautifully, I would have thought it was all one stamp, love your colouring too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Sarn, your little cat is so cute.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Sarn, how very sweet is this??!!! Love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute little pusscat and a great card for a cat lover! A lovely tribute to Sue too. Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Sarn. Your kitty card is adorable. I always enjoy the Penny Black cats, so cute. Ike was a lovely person, and like you I can hardly believe it's been that long since she passed. I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw Sarn - this is totally adorable. What a lovely card to celebrate the 100th 'Show us your Pussycats'. It's lovely and a fitting tribute to Ike - I was only reading one of her emails the other day whilst trying to retrieve my accidental dumping of emails. I think she'll be smiling at this beauty in her Cat Heaven.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an inspired pairing of stamps - they look fab together on this sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry to be late to the party in commenting - particularly since it is such a cute card and so beautifully coloured too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous Sarn. I see you’ve used “that “ flower again - perfect with the little puss!

    ReplyDelete
  22. its adxorable!
    Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
     Hope to see you again! Good luck!
     Fiki  
    my blog: Bad Kitty's Craft Room  

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.