Sunday, January 07, 2024

Snippets Playground Celebrations!

Hi Playmates!

It's Sunday morning and time for a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with yours truly in charge for the next fortnight. 

It's another special challenge to celebrate the 12th year of Miss Di holding the Playground keys. In honour of this event, Di and I have decided to add another theme to the challenge. So - please submit your homework on the theme of "CELEBRATION". You are free to interpret this as you wish - any celebration will count (new baby; birthdays; special anniversary or any other celebratory event) as long as it is obvious what the celebration is on your project.

To comply with the challenge theme, I've chosen a special birthday celebration.

A diamond fold springy card.
Envelope already made. 
Remaining snippets of burgundy paper,
plus other pieces of card.

Hadn't made one of these cards for AGES and it was fun to revisit this springy card shape which, happily, folds flat for posting.

Over to YOU now . . . check out your pile of snippets, make something with them on the CELEBRATION theme, then come and play. There are 2 bumper prizes  full of festive goodies available, so you won't want to miss out. Plus, you can put on your party frock and come to the Treehouse where there will be champagne and lots of party food available on the evening of 8th Jan (the actual hand-over date all those years ago!).

You can make this shaped card from any size rectangle as long as you mark the quarter and half points, then score and cut as per the diagram below.



22 comments:

  1. That's a rather nice shapes easel card Sarn, will have to see what I've got to fit the bill.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely springy card Sarn, great idea for a major milestone celebration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab celebratory make Sarn, love it

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Sarn. I love making cards with this fold, perfect for a special occasion. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ages since I made one of these springy cards - love this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute card Sarn l adore the layout and thank you for providing the details on how it's made have a lovely day will see you shortly in the playground save a swing for me x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ages since I made one of these as well! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this springy fold card Sarn … I never really make any fancy folds as I haven’t a clue, but perhaps I should try it! Love the die cut numbers as well … I have this set and it was one of my earliest purchases many years ago but is still incredibly useful for milestone birthdays as the font is so pretty!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, he's gonna, LOVE this card, I love the design too, you superstar you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this card design in blogland for some time, but never knew how to put one together, so thanks for the directions. I love the stenciling behind the milestone birthday number for a wonderful birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and fold,love the design and p.paper.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card Sarn and a great fold too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous birthday card, like how your stenciling matches the paper and the personalized year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Champagne? Wow!! So much bubbles to celebrate! I hope I don’t fall from the tree LOL :D
    I have never made this card shape, but it seems so easy and I will make it, thanks for the clear instructions/diagram. Your design is gorgeous and very elegant! Love the dimensions of the numbers and the stencilled background that matches the pattern of the paper!

    Ooopps... Ho scritto in Inglese, ormai è un'abitudine! :)
    Un abbraccio, buona settimana!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't made one of these before Sarn, but your diagram seems straightforward enough! Love the idea of it being springy - love to make my cards move! Love the background stencilling too (fab that it echoes the DP)! Thanks for inspiring us and go easy on the champagne - how high off the ground is the treehouse?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't made one of these for ages either, yours looks great, xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always find fancy folds a bit challenging so I don't make them often but maybe I should give this one a try... It looks absolutely amazing and loving your choice of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun design & so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A special springy fold for a special birthday! And thank you for the instructions Sarn - sharing is caring! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great fold, thanks for the instructions. Yours looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A cute little pop up card Sarn for a special birthday.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Sarn, it is beautiful and will look gorgeous on display in the recipient's home! I will save your template and will hopefully try to make one of these. Even though I am challenged at making fancy folds, I think I can do it! Great celebration over at the Playground, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.