Hi Playmates
It's Sunday morning and time for a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND where Miss Di is in charge for the next fortnight - so skip over there to find out what lovely prize she is offering, and get all the details on how to enter. We're back to normal - no theme this time - just make anything you like with your snippets.
I have not one, but TWO pieces of homework to share with you today! The first is a little 3" x 3" card and the other piece, further down the post, is an ATC. They both use cute and quirky little birds from my recently acquired Aall & Create stamp set: #464 "Strange Birds".
![]() |
| Aall & Create bird stamped onto a gelli print snippet then cut out and glued on to the flower stem. |
Next up is the ATC:
![]() |
| ATC measuring 2.5" x 3.5" |
The ATC was created with blue and orange snippets, trimmed to the usual ATC size. I simply brushed Black Soot DI through a stencil to create a leafy branch. The bird was stamped onto a gelli print snippet, then I added a bit of detailing with black and white pens. I cut the bird out with scissors and glued him onto the stencilled branch!
I added the sentiment from the same stamp set, then brushed the edges of the blue piece of card with Black Soot DI before mounting it onto the orange snippet.
MATERIALS:
- Funky Fossil stencil 'Meadow Flowers' for the leafy branches.
- Aall & Create 'Strange Birds' #464 stamp set
- Blue and orange snippets by Stampin' Up! & beak coloured with a blue pen.
- Bird stamped onto a gelli print snippet
See HERE for another card I made with the same set!



Wonderful strange birds!
ReplyDeleteThey are so colorful, and make great creations!
Love your quirky birds creations, perfectly positioned on your gelli print, and I can see the added little details….love ‘em! Xxx
ReplyDeleteJust loving your homework this time - the birds are brilliant, such fun
ReplyDeleteBoth projects are totally terrific and that IS such a fabulous stamp set (must ink my own, soon!) and a great selection of colours.
ReplyDeleteHappy Snippet Day
Kathyk
Oh my goodness Sarn these creations are both wonderful! I absolutely LOVE how you have used these adorable quirky birds! The ATC is one of the most fun/adorable I have seen and would add a smile to anyone’s collection! You have a definite knack with quirky makes … I f I tried quirky I suspect I wouldn’t pull it off and it would just look lame, but yours are all spot on!
ReplyDeletePauline xx
Ooh I love those quirky birds! I can feel some retail therapy is going to be needed, even though I’m trying to destash!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun pair of cards with those incredibly cute birds! I'm sort of a strange bird myself, so I can relate to the 2nd card with all the pretty blue color. Great snippets homework!
ReplyDeleteGreat ATC and love the little note card and the fabulous quirky birds.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Two great projects and I love your quirky birds!
ReplyDeleteKath x
Absolutely love your birds, Sarn! Great homework!
ReplyDeleteWow Sarn, these are just stunning! One can't help but grin at them. I love those quirky birds and the vibrant colours you used are perfect! Top of the class kiddo!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Those quirky birds are too much cute and fun! Brilliant sitting the first one on the diecut stem and that gelli print snippet is just perfect for him!!
ReplyDeleteSo clever also using a stencil for the ATC's branch and the details on the gelli print bird add interest, very well done!
Oh I love these Sarn, your funky birdies are fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarn
ReplyDeleteYour funky birds make great projects .. .. and you always use such great colour combinations.
Hope you have had a good weekend and the a weather hasn't caused you any problems.
Love Jules xx
Look at these fab birds Sarn! They're very cute and the colours you're using would brighten up the dullest day - especially the ATC! Hugs, Vicky xxx
ReplyDeleteFabulous little cards Sarn, I love the colours and those fun birds.
ReplyDeleteLorraine
These are so fun and quirky. I just love the background colour on the second one.
ReplyDeleteOH! Dear me, I love the quirky bird in all its colourful finery. Your card is fabulous Sarn. I've missed too many comment on each one, but have perused, and loved them all.
ReplyDeleteFaith x
Hi Sarn, oh wow both cards are absolutely stunning and how gorgeous are the birds l just love them both x
ReplyDeleteThese birds are so fun and great idea to use your gelli print snippets for paper piecing. Both cards look fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteYour quirky birds are so cute! The gelli print makes them look so cool! The ATC with the dark background is gorgeous! Great use of your snippets too!
ReplyDeleteDarling cards!
ReplyDeleteThe birds looks great paper pieced with the different snippets and love the leaves on the card made using a snippet of script covered green paper, and then the wonderful ATC with the bright blue background and orange and brown tones for the bird, both snippety pieces, and the stencilled leaves are perfect Sarn. You are great at using the gelli plate and the prints work brilliantly. x
ReplyDelete