Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Grumpy Penguin Christmas Cards

Hi Friends

Sorry, but I have a bit of a Christmas fest going on in this blog post, so you'd best grab a nice mug of hot chocolate and settle in!

These Christmas cards were made with the wonderful Katzelkraft "Grumpy Penguins" stamp set. 

I'm entering the single card (below) to the CHRISTMAS CRAFT CREATIONS challenge where they have a snippets theme going on this month. However, if you look further down this post, there are even MORE penguin cards using up those ever-increasing snippets!

A6 card for the CCC Challenge with the penguin snippet added,
together with snowflake snippets.

To create my cards, I first gathered together a few of my MANY white snippet strips (left over from cutting my own card bases). Then I stamped a load of penguins on them.

White snippets ready for colouring & fussy cutting

All coloured and cut out ready to go on cards.

Once that was done, I made a few inky backgrounds then glued the penguins and snowflakes on top.

Only the penguins are snippets on this trio of cards.


A6 card showing penguins & snowflake snippets.

Had LOADS of fun making these, and I still have a few penguins left to add to more cards when the mood is upon me!

20 comments:

  1. And they make such cracking Christmas cards too!

    Happy Wednesday and welcome to February

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love, love, love those grumpy penguins and you've used up a good amount of white snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Sarn, these are terrific! I love those Grumpy Penguins, brilliant backgrounds too.

    Hugs
    Di
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me you have been busy Sarn but aren't those Penguins such fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These grumpies are one of my fave stamp sets - and your cards are fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, great penguins and like that each background is differed (and fabulous)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, San, how striking cards! Your stencilled background are really perfect for these fun and grumpy penguins! And obviously well done with your white snippets!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful collection of gorgeous cards, I love them Sarn.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these adorable grouchy penguins Sarn and I love that you had a fun penguin fest with fun stenciled and inky backgrounds and those additional die cut snowflakes. Glad you have some penguins left over - you never know when a penguin-ish moment will come over you!! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh wow Sarn your penguin cards are so adorable and the background is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! Those penguins are a delight, they appeal to my odd sense of humour. Your cards have made them wonderful, love them - a lot.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You stamped out a serious number of penguins (which are hilarious) on your snippets and made a bunch of brilliantly designed cards! Love the one you shared with at Christmas Craft Creations with the stenciled background! Thanks so much joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Sarn don’t know ho I missed these .. they are such fun, really quirky and fabulous! Love the penguins and also the inky backgrounds are just gorgeous .. a real wintery feel to them
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job and I loooove those grumpy penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW I love all your penguins, wonderful cards.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a lot of penguins! Great idea though and the cards are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love these grumpy penguins, they surely remind me of myself when I have to deal with this icy cold winter. (It did warm up again this weekend so less grumpy today :)
    Your cards are all so fabulous with the beautiful stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those penguins are so wonderful! I'm not sure if they are serious or crabby. In any case the cards are really great and a wonderful way to use up those scraps. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Christmas Craft Creations Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your penguins! What a great way to use up all your snippets. Well some of them anyway!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.