Wednesday, February 22, 2023

A windy day!

Hi Friends

Today's card features a very windy day where the poor girl's umbrella has blown inside out! Been there, done that! LOL!


The card details:

  1. I dabbed "Peacock Feathers" DOX ink onto a "Petals" embossing folder and spritzed it with water, then laid my piece of card on top to pick up the inky goodness! Once removed from the folder, I dabbed at the card to remove some of the ink so it wasn't too heavy.
  2. The Windy Day image (by Katzelkraft) was stamped with VFC Twilight ink, as was the SU sentiment. 
  3. To colour the image, I used a waterbrush and the following DOX inks: Peacock Feathers (coat & umbrella); Uncharted Mariner (coat shading); Spiced Marmalade (stockings & scarf) and Iced Spruce (hair).

19 comments:

  1. Oh indeed Sarn, I find it easier to just get wet these days, brolly, shopping, staying upright, just too much in one go!

    The tone on tone stencil and colours with the pops of yellow work very well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this make and the awesome colours and stencil you used, you KNOW I love that image too!

    Happy Wednesday to you

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the image, colouring and sentiment, just a perfect card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fab image. Great colouring and background design too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave stamp! (or one of them!)
    A lovely make Sarnie. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just hilarious! I love that fun image and all the droplets of water you added to this chaotic scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use an embossing folder (must try and remember that one!) This is a fab card and lovely colours.
    PS The hot chocolate was lovely just what I needed too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card sarn. great image...makes one smile and you have coloured it well . Like the additions in the background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quirky stamp Sarn, with fab colour scheme and shading. Thanks very much for sharing with this month’s “Day if the Month” challenge - National Umbrella Day ☂️☂️
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brillianbt use of this fun stamp - the stencilled background is great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah ah ah! :D She seems me in rainy-windy days! I always broke my umbrellas! (sigh)
    Wonderful way to create the background, thanks for sharing your technique! It's a lovely fun card and LOVE the sentiment!

    Ah ah ah! Sembra me nei giorni di pioggia e vento! Rompo sempre i miei ombrelli!
    La tua tecnica per creare il background è stupenda, grazie per averla condivisa! Questa è una card adorabile e divertente e AMO il sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow.......absolutely love this card the image is fabulous the colour tone is spot on and the background you have created is stunning Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card with the lovely background and great image. We just had a storm blow through so great timing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Sarn, fabulous mix of techniques xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Sarn! WHAT a card - I so love this image and how you've used it! Very clever work - and I'm with Brenda on only being able to do one thing at a time.

    And how funny, I don't have a ton of DI's - but I do have all of the ones you used. Such pretty colours together. PERFICK!

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, this is so brilliant Sarn! What a dynamic image and perfect for sending to someone who has had a rough patch. Sending hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card Sarn and definitely have been there with the umbrella. Maybe it's the reason why I so rarely grab one now and instead own several rain coats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW your card is so beautiful Sarn, brilliantly done.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been there too, and not once ! Love your fabulous card and the lovely blue background to highlight your fun image. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at DotMCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.