Sunday, January 08, 2023

Sunday Snippets - Miss Di's Blogoversary

Hi Playmates

Come and have a cup of tea with me! I have a little gift bag full of good wishes and some tea to share, plus I'll break out the biscuits if you've been VERY good!

EDITED TO ADD A VIDEO LINK HERE on how to score and fold this little bag. 

In the video, she uses 6" x 6" paper, but I made a larger version using an 8" x 8" piece of paper and scored as follows:

  • when the the triangle was abutted to the LEFT EDGE of the scoreboard, I scored at ⅞" 
  • when the the triangle was abutted to the TOP of the scoreboard, I scored at 3¾ and 7⅝"
  • the blue piece for the little tag measures 3¼" x 2¾", the white piece measures 3" x 2½"

The gift bag together with the contents
ready to be inserted into the pockets.

The filled gift bag.

Just 2 of the snippets added
to the gift bag.
SNIPPETS USED:
White and turquoise snippets used to create the mounted circles for each side of the gift bag.
White and turquoise snippets used on the square tag.
The bottom of a shop-bought birthday card used to die-cut the foliage - one sprig for each side of the gift bag.

I'm hosting a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND, where Di and I are celebrating the Snippets Playground's 11th Blogoversary! Yes, Di has been running the Playground for 11 years and I take my hat off to her as I've only been co-hosting for less than a year! It's a lot of fun being Di's partner in crime . . . or is she mine? It's hard to tell! LOL! Either way, as it's a special occasion, we are, once again, offering another FAB prize. Run along and find out the details HERE but put those scissors down first. NEVER run with scissors in your hand (or mouth!).

24 comments:

  1. Lovely gift Sarn, you have a knack of using recycled materials in a way I wouldn’t even think of, great Snippets make xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable gift bag/pocket, love the sprigs detail and great recycling as always!! Sweet paper and tag as well. It's a great way to gift someone with a little relaxing thought. I don't like camomile but these teabags with vanilla, apple and also passion flower (I have it in my garden!) seem so yummy!
    You and Di are a perfect gang, especially with the partner in crime called Dudley! :D
    Scissors put down :D Have a lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fab use of those snippets and such a cool make too matey - happy 11th blogversary to the snippeteers too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super gift bag and really good to see just how you've used your snippets to achieve the result. 11 years eh? - that's dedication running a blog challenge for that length of time. Off to check out the latest news

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tea gift bag Sarn and great use of snippets too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very cute way to gift some good tea and I love the snippets you used, especially from a store-bought card! Some papers are just too pretty to throw away. Great snippet make, and I don't even walk with scissors so I'm good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's what I call organised Sarn, heaven only nows if I'll remember to photo the snippets before I start, we'll see!

    Your little gist tea bad card is such a super idea.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gift idea Sarn...you clever thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely and I can recommend those tea bags too! Great use of snippets and recycling for this fab gift bag. Thanks for the lemsip in the tree house, it helped no end.
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable Sarn and another great challenge l think the snippet theme is amazing and glad that l have taken part your co-hosting has been amazing your a great team together and l always look forward to the challenges and the playground see you for a coffee and a catch-up enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for a fabulous little gift and beautifully made too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute idea and it turned out beautifully! I really need to start playing along at snippets playground, I have TONS of snippets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do come over and join in the fun xxx

      Delete
  13. Darling tea gift bag and the snippets make it look extra special, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this little gift envelope Sarn, I'm sure the recipient will absolutely love it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a darling little gift bag Sarn ... that is just so pretty and makes a simple gift so special! Congrats to Snippets Playground on your 11th Blogoversary and humungous thanks for another jaw dropping prize ... anyone who can't be bothered to do their homework at the moment must be too dim for class, and deserve all the detention they get!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh Sarn - this truly is so lovely! What a delightful little gift (does the tea work - I may need some for Len's insomnia!). What a giggle - I clicked on the video right away and thought 'THAT'S not Sarn's voice' - I need help perhaps!

    Huge thanks for making this past year - and very often previously behind the scenes - so much easier and also more fun!

    Much love and a woof from Dudley to his much loved Auntie!

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been a great pleasure and lots of fun. Thanks for having me along for the ride xxx

      Delete
  17. Oh wow, what a fantastic make Sarn! Who wouldn't love to receive this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fantastic little gift idea Sarn, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely little gift this is Sarn! Just right to let an insomniac know you're thinking of them! I love how you used the snippet with the tape line on it - it gives those sprigs a pleasing bit of detail. What a great milestone for the Playground! Love your mischievous influence on it :) Sending love, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea for a little tea bag gift, the colours are really pretty. Thanks for the link to the video. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a charming idea and lovely for a gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.